Oh god, not this again - Red iso 8!

Comments

• At 3# with 8139. It would be great if Ian18 with 7681 points would give up first 3 and stop breathing down my neck icon_lol.gif
  • At 7713 and in 2nd (by one point). It looks like there are still five people who really want top 3 (all in the 7000s), then it drops off to below 6000.
  • I don't really have the time to keep grinding, so I'll just settle for 3-15. Hopefully.
  • I'm 4th now, 500 pts behind 1-3. Probably giving up trying for 1-3, not worth it.
  • I've been trading off first with another guy over the last 48 hours. The problem is there are still 5 or so guys in the hunt for the third spot, so they keep charging. I'd love to slow down a bit.
  • just started this event (just got home from thanksgiving) and must say, i'm actually a fan of the diminishing returns so i can take breaks when the points are worth absolute garbage
  • I do not see myself competitively doing another tournament like this one. the grind is too much and the iso you get is god awful for the time investment. the progression and mission rewards are nice, but that's about 10% of the actual event, whereas 90% is grinding repeatables for 20 iso over and over, and the extra 90% time investment is not worth it to me.
  • forgrim wrote:
    just started this event (just got home from thanksgiving) and must say, i'm actually a fan of the diminishing returns so i can take breaks when the points are worth absolute garbage

Definitely agreed on that.
    I do not see myself competitively doing another tournament like this one. the grind is too much and the iso you get is god awful for the time investment. the progression and mission rewards are nice, but that's about 10% of the actual event, whereas 90% is grinding repeatables for 20 iso over and over, and the extra 90% time investment is not worth it to me.

Yeah, I'm with you. Like I said, I had no intention of placing high in this one, but somehow found myself there. It is a bit unique in the sense that they haven't offered multiple 4* covers as a reward I don't think. Considering I only have a single wolverine 4* in all these weeks of playing, having the chance to get all three, even though I have doubts about the character ever being useful, is keeping me pushing to hold my spot, if only for the off chance that she gets boosted in a tournament down the line.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh, one of the repeatable is with the level 102 rag. At least his red is at 4 energy. What are the other repeatables today?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Ugh, one of the repeatable is with the level 102 rag. At least his red is at 4 energy. What are the other repeatables today?

Two all Maggia jobbies - Heist in Spain and Congo. Relatively easy if you have a meaty squad. Was rather hoping they'd be a bit harder, in the hope that it would stop some of the grinding madness! Looks like I'll be ducking out of work at every opportunity tomorrow to stay top 3.
  • i guess the best method would be to say all the nonrepeatables for a push tmrw, and do the repeatables to give urself a lead.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, not too bad, but not nearly as trivial as yesterdays. Just going to watch it for the top 15 I think
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Two all Maggia jobbies - Heist in Spain and Congo. Relatively easy if you have a meaty squad. Was rather hoping they'd be a bit harder, in the hope that it would stop some of the grinding madness! Looks like I'll be ducking out of work at every opportunity tomorrow to stay top 3.

Same hopes about repeatables here to be honest, but I guess we have to go with what we got. I think top 3 in our bracket was decided upon its creation. Reremnu and me have This evening of farming while watching movies icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Lol, I just sat through Spider-Man 3 whilst grinding out another 1000 pts or so. I'm going to be dreaming PQ matches tonight!
  • Shikao wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Same hopes about repeatables here to be honest, but I guess we have to go with what we got. I think top 3 in our bracket was decided upon its creation. Reremnu and me have This evening of farming while watching movies icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yup, at least people can't use rag for one mission so it is little harder then last one.
  • Polkio wrote:
    Shikao wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Yup, at least people can't use rag for one mission so it is little harder then last one.

Yeah, especially when you don't notice the game has swapped out Ragnarok in favor of level 15 modern Hawkeye. Not that I did that...
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Lol, I just sat through Spider-Man 3 whilst grinding out another 1000 pts or so. I'm going to be dreaming PQ matches tonight!

Quoting the title of this topic - 'Oh god, not this again'... one of worst movies I ever saw icon_mad.gif I reckon we are quite safe, they need to catch up almost 1k points and it's not like we are going to stay and wait to be overtaken icon_e_biggrin.gif Can I count on Invisible Woman max stats tomorrow? icon_e_wink.gif
    Polkio wrote:

Rag is overrated icon_razz.gif I am playing happily without him icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Misguided wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    Shikao wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Yeah, especially when you don't notice the game has swapped out Ragnarok in favor of level 15 modern Hawkeye. Not that I did that...
    The game swaps out my Ragnarok for Thor. I don't always notice icon_e_wink.gif
  • Shikao wrote:
    Can I count on Invisible Woman max stats tomorrow? icon_e_wink.gif

If you mean from me... no way! Going to take forever (and a lot of dosh, no doubt) to level her up...
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Shikao wrote:
    Can I count on Invisible Woman max stats tomorrow? icon_e_wink.gif

If you mean from me... no way! Going to take forever (and a lot of dosh, no doubt) to level her up...

Just passed the 10k mark a few minutes ago.