Different flavor of 'AI cheats'

Options
2»

Comments

• Infrared wrote:
    How about a game engine update to reduce the appearance of cheating? Maybe make it so that when new replacement tiles drop in from the top, no more than 2/3 can be the same colour? This would avoid some of the extreme AI miracle cascades.

I'm not necessarily against this, however this would likely nerf the player and the AI. I think I get better cascades than the AI. Sure, battles dont always go my way...

I'm more annoyed with slow boards, where there is only terrible options and none allow for a board refresh. If they could do something about that...
  • Back when I got my A team up and running.. Punisher / CMag / Spidey ... I thought I was invincible....

I was owning matches left & right .. and walking out with full health....

Till AI decided enough was enough.... time to put me in my place.....

1 match till today I still remembered ....

I make 1st move... 3 blue in a row... (I think this 3 blue was a trap.... after knowing my pattern play....it was so obvious...)

AI makes 1st move.... A waterfull of cascade with colors from the rainbow.....bye bye spider 5800 hp gone ...

Now i'm stuck with 3 blue and no spider...and AI got a whole bunch of gems....

Seriously.... 1 move kills my spider ?

From that point... I had to learn how to cope WITHOUT spidey...

NM
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have found and I have taken a very, very scientific mentality. That in the PvE matches, when they are Easy to Normal in difficulty you get cascades like crazy, I made a single 3 tile match and watched the entire board explode to the AI's death. This happens A LOT!, when the difficulty is easy, but when you get into the hard to deadly difficulty, yes the opponents are tougher, but I very rarely get a big cascade, the max I usually get is 3-4, and while I'm not saying the AI gets bigger one's, they do seem to get them more often in the higher difficulty, so while D3 can say the AI has an equal chance as you, I sometimes wondering if that equally chance is the average between an Easy difficulty match and a Deadly difficulty Match. Just food for thought.
  • I would say my least favorite "AI cheat" is when I pick a team composition specific to the board I'm playing (say, OBW for 230 goons), I use boosts to get my +6 AP so I'm just a couple matches from both her purple and blue, and then I get into the game and there is not a single blue or purple match to be made anywhere - it's as if the AI studied my team comp and sets up the initial board to be the least favorable position for me possible. This inevitably happens on the Latverian terrian and the board is rife with environmental tiles. I'm sitting there making 3 and 4 matches of environments and greens while the AI is slowly planting Snipers and Silent Strikes (on singleton purple and blue tiles) everywhere.

I'm looking at you "Heist in Spain". You're not even worth that many points. You just suck.
  • Wow, might just be my way of seeing all this but I don't think this thread is about saying that the AI cheats but about the crazy moves the AI pulls off that messes with our minds and make us want to throw stuff across the room.

All of what the original poster said with an additional few:

The "you're not getting your skill off!".
    The AI suddenly decides on denying you a colour just as you are one match away from pulling that skill off.

The "my skill is better than your skill!".
    Given similar board conditions and similar skills/usage, the AI's gives a much better result than yours.

E.g. Given a board with a large amount of green tiles, the AI uses an Oasis/Thunderstrike that creates massive monster cascades that have you reaching for the retreat button.

When it's your chance to do the same in a similar board set up, the screen flashes, the tiles change and.... Crickets start chirping in the background while a gust of cold wind blows a random tumbleweed past you. Your Oasis/Thunderstrike somehow manages to sneak into every single nook and cranny available on the board to not make a single match.

Meanwhile, the AI also has Oasis/Thunderstrike available...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not the game, but definitely supernatural. Most likely the entire universe is out to get you.
  • Dormammu wrote:
    It's not the game, but definitely supernatural. Most likely the entire universe is out to get you.

If Dormammu is saying this...