question on 10x cover purchases

Options
i see the 10x cover packs and they are expensive with not enough information.
    is it only the characters in the graphic? if not, is there a list of what characters are available? if i do pick up a themed rare character in a pack, what are the drop rates to get that cover to level it up after the event is over? are there doubles? do you get 10x character slots for the new covers? is there an expiration timer like the covers acquired in battle?

thanks

Comments

• 1-2. No, it's more than the characters pictured. Unfortunately, we frequently don't know exact drop rates for the 10x packs (sometimes they tell us, some times they don't), but the heroes provided are generally the same as the single pulls, which we do have some collected data for. In general, for single pulls the Heroic tokens can drop anything, the themed tokens can drop 1 of 3 2* heroes (85% chance) or 1 of 3 3* heroes (15% chance). Buying a 10-pack bumps the 3* chance to 25% by adding 10% to the featured character, and dropping 10% from the 2*s. For example, the Super Soldier 10-pack is Thor/OBW/Storm at 28% each, Steve Rogers at 14%, and Hulk/Patch Wolverine at 4%.

3. Same drop rate as any other cover.

4. Yes, there are doubles.

5. No, character slots are a separate cost.

6. Yes, same expiration timer as all other covers.

Mischiefmaker's token spreadsheet can help answer for specific tokens. (Link)
  • Sometimes the 10x cover packs are more thematic and you only get special set of characters. But they mention it in the pack description.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unless a character is guaranteed (IIRC for the current packs that's no longer the case) and you need it for a tournament, these packs are usually terrible value for money. for those 10 covers, expect at least 8 to be utter garbage (captain america or hawkeye). Maybe if you are starting out the 2* covers can be useful too, but then you are probably more lacking the ISO than the covers. If you want to invest some money, getting roster slots is money better spent.
  • If I save up ten heroic tokens can I buy the ten-pack with them? Or is that specifically for hero point purchases?
  • Nope, they not change into one 10x...
    You still open them one by one only
  • It's impossible to tell what the hero distribution is without information from D3, but if the 1 token says 'contains a ** or Captain' like Shield of Justice, you can assume the 3* can only be Captain in both the 1 pack and the 10 pack.