no subs = lack rewards?

Options
I kind of noticed that in something like Hunt or Simulator its pretty easy to get to if not last, third from the end reward.
But in hero mods or Red Iso event... the top of my bracket is 45k. Out of 160k total.
Do you think its the result of scaling or lack of motivation (like subs mini-prizes).

Aaand maybe devs should try more realistic numbers in progression rewards?

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shimary wrote:
    I kind of noticed that in something like Hunt or Simulator its pretty easy to get to if not last, third from the end reward.
    But in hero mods or Red Iso event... the top of my bracket is 45k. Out of 160k total.
    Do you think its the result of scaling or lack of motivation (like subs mini-prizes).

Aaand maybe devs should try more realistic numbers in progression rewards?

I kind of agree. I'm actually near the top 25 right now, 27th at this moment, but not sitting here playing 24/7. I have just over 44k, and About 1.5k behind the first position.

that's not much between us, but a majority of the nodes I have are 50, 60, with a few 100's. The highest is like 400, but level 190 venom, rags, etc. Point is, it would take a lot of matches, lots of grinding, just to catch up. Not that I havent, or not doing that...just smaller rewards per node means takes longer to climb up 1,500 points.

However, I didn't have capSR when I started the event, didn't get him until yesterday on a random pull from a cover I bought, pure luck. So before that, I couldn't play any essential nodes, so I lost out on quite a bit of points in the beginning.

I'm not really going all out right now though, waiting to really make a bigger push towards the end, and any/all refreshes, resets, new nodes, etc.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's more the scaling than the lack of subs. IIRC, the base point values weren't going up for a few days there.

I think the scaling for the progression tiers was pretty good last time, with people who played every day getting the 2nd to last one fairly safely, but only the truly dedicated (which wasn't me) getting the final one.

Of course, I was one of the, what, 300? people who got that final punisher in the first hulk run
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd like to see the devs release statistics on exactly how many people were able to claim the top few tiers of progression rewards for this event. With 18 hours to go as of this post, the top ten of my bracket range between 45-46k points. Is it reasonable to expect rubberbanding to allow these players to gain more than double their current score?
  • CNash wrote:
    I'd like to see the devs release statistics on exactly how many people were able to claim the top few tiers of progression rewards for this event. With 18 hours to go as of this post, the top ten of my bracket range between 45-46k points. Is it reasonable to expect rubberbanding to allow these players to gain more than double their current score?

I highly doubt anyone will get even close to the top rewards. The situation is the same across every bracket: #1 player at about 46k points with the following players very close to that score. We'll probably be able to get to the 53k reward, but unless they change the rubberbanding values for the last 12 hours -and I doubt that- even the 50 HP will be out of reach.
  • The real meaning of no subs is that we got a lot less placement rewards overall. On a Simulator run, it's not really all that difficult to get 2 heroic tokens a day. You can get closer to 4, if you work at it, and that's without the general event rewards handing out more guaranteed 3* covers.

In this event, we got 2 tokens, over the course of a week. No wonder there was much activity in PVP land: putting any time into PvE was silly, given that the point spread is so small, rubberbanding will catch you up to the very top from rather far away, and there are no progression rewards worth getting. You could skip 2 entire days, play a bit yesterday and a bit today, and get your 2 covers or 3, if you have an alliance. BTW, mine has 16 people, and we get 3* covers in PVE and PVP already, so if you can afford to pay enough HP to add a new spot, and you aren't on a large alliance already, you are missing out and should PM me.