First Avenger 04.04 - 06.04

12345679»

Comments

• Spoit wrote:
    Viorala wrote:
    So wait, what...do we have a grace period of three matches after unshielding before we show up on anyone's radar?

Also, about the retaliations...that's only 30 iso bonus, right? Just like the not-skipping bonus? You guys are making it out to be a big thing. Asking for a friend...
    Also, retaliations stick around, so someone you hit at like 300 points can come around a day later when you're at 1k, and hit you for 50 points if you don't have a shield up

Ew.

So when do you guys typically shield? And how many times? Should I make a new thread for this question, I feel like I read it before when I actually was a nooby...
  • Spoit wrote:
    Also, retaliations stick around, so someone you hit at like 300 points can come around a day later when you're at 1k, and hit you for 50 points if you don't have a shield up

That might be true, but the retaliation hits the exact same team AND points you were at at the point of the attack.

Also means that if I attacked the guy when I was at 200pts and he was at 300pts, his retaliation node will be worth that number of points (so approximately -20 for you). Even if you're actually 1000pts when he does the retaliation.
  • Viorala wrote:
    Also everyone in my bracket needs to stop climbing ahead of me because I really need a green Grey Widow cover. Although I bet those two unshielded people are gonna start dropping like stones soon, this is going to be a dicey finish...

I'm in your bracket and with a few exceptions, most in the top 10 who have unshielded in the last hour have dropped down places or even out of sight.
    With just under half an hour to run, I see you at 8th, with the exact same score as 9th and 10th.
    Dicey indeed.
  • Viorala wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Viorala wrote:
    So wait, what...do we have a grace period of three matches after unshielding before we show up on anyone's radar?

Also, about the retaliations...that's only 30 iso bonus, right? Just like the not-skipping bonus? You guys are making it out to be a big thing. Asking for a friend...

Ew.

So when do you guys typically shield? And how many times? Should I make a new thread for this question, I feel like I read it before when I actually was a nooby...

If you are in an alliance and capable of finishing top ten, consider buying two three hour shields. One should take care of most retaliations and the second should be bought within the final three hours to secure your place. Finish high enough and you earn the HP right back - along with a bunch of ISO and a few 3* covers.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doragon wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

That might be true, but the retaliation hits the exact same team AND points you were at at the point of the attack.

Also means that if I attacked the guy when I was at 200pts and he was at 300pts, his retaliation node will be worth that number of points (so approximately -20 for you). Even if you're actually 1000pts when he does the retaliation.
    Wait really?
  • Viorala wrote:
    Also everyone in my bracket needs to stop climbing ahead of me because I really need a green Grey Widow cover. Although I bet those two unshielded people are gonna start dropping like stones soon, this is going to be a dicey finish...

I'm in your bracket and with a few exceptions, most in the top 10 who have unshielded in the last hour have dropped down places or even out of sight.
    With just under half an hour to run, I see you at 8th, with the exact same score as 9th and 10th.
    Dicey indeed.

I don't know what to do! Ack..
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Spoit wrote:
    Doragon wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Wait really?

No. It looks like that on the screen, but the actual points are based on the current point standings.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Spoit wrote:
    Doragon wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Wait really?

No not really, the retaliation goes off of your current point total, Nemek is right.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    For instance, a guy I hit yesterday just popped on my shield for 41 points from when I hit him yesterday.
  • I went back in, I'm back in the top 10!

My alliance is super casual, we never make the top 10. We make the top 2500. Still, 50 hp, it's cool.
  • Viorala wrote:
    I went back in, I'm back in the top 10!

My alliance is super casual, we never make the top 10. We make the top 2500. Still, 50 hp, it's cool.
    It appeared to me that you hung on to 10th spot by the skin of your teeth. Well played. icon_cool.gif

I got 2nd with 872 points but the most disappointing thing is that my 20-man alliance could only manage 5522 points for 119th place.
    So that means I still don't have a purple Grey Widow cover. icon_cry.gif
  • I hit around 712... finished fighting someone and all of a sudden I get the tinkykitty kicked out of me and lose 100 points with less then 4 minutes left and drop to 14th place.

Worst. Joke. Ever.
  • I hated this tourney.

Lazy Cap is pretty worthless at low levels. I've never lost so many rounds as I did in this event!

...but I really wanted those GSBW covers to finish her off. That'll be my first maxed ***. I made it to 6th and threw up a shield. Then watched as I dropped to 7th. Did the math and realized I could drop out of top 10 so with 23 minutes left I found a cherry matchup and broke shield. And got a **** board. I knew I wasn't going to loose but I also realized that match was taking way too long. Finished the match, nobody had attacked me so I was back in 6th with an ok cussion. I think I finished 7th overall.

Stressful finish!

I hated this tourney. I'm so glad it's done! icon_lol.gif
  • I hit 609 on my last fight, which was at the last minute... and didn't get a progression reward. What gives? I broke shield toward the end and pushed because I actually need the yellow Thor cover...and no yellow Thor cover.
  • /facepalm

What the heck... I won my bracket with a score that would have been lucky for 10th place in the last two PvPs.

I know most of you have maxed GSBWs and 5 Red X-Forces by now, but really? I guess everyone that cared pushed to 1100 earlier in the day and left me alone this evening.

Oh well, I'll take what wins I can get. icon_cool.gif
  • Wow, kinda glad I didn't even notice that 1100 point reward... I would have had to try for it! I shielded at 908 and called it a day.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    allorin wrote:
    YES!!!

157k64g.jpg

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!!
    Grats, you deserved that one icon_e_smile.gif
  • Thanks, Bowgentle!
  • Never shielded. Went to bed with about an hour 15 left in 11th place at 701 points. Prior to that, I really hadn't been playing much all afternoon - I had only fought retaliations, and those only when I netted points on them. Woke up to having been hit five times by three people, lost 120 points, and was still 16th place (I left the ankings up when I went to bed and was able to check them when I woke up). Exceeded my expectations - was able to actually pocket HP this tourney, and got a cover I needed.

I think this may be how I play for the next little while. Since they instituted the new, anti-solo player system, I've been burning HP way too fast, as it was costing me HP to shield, and I was having to buy all the new roster spots (I'm two spots ahead right now, but I get my first X-Force Wolverine today, plus Human Torch tomorrow). I'm ISO constrained, not cover constrained right now - I need to level a bunch of people up, and getting more covers just adds to having to level people up - so if I can hit top 25 without shielding consistently I think that's what I'm going to do from now on.
  • Some people have though I was repealing my "no-retals" promise at the end of this event.

The truth is, with 10 min. to go, my rank was too high for proper tanking!

I was loading retail fights, made one move, then retreated, in an attempt to further lower my rank/rating.

Needed more time, though. Event expired before I could dive to the 'recruit token' rank tier. Now, I sell an Ares cover for mere Iso.

Now enjoy the points I donated. I will be more clear in the future.