First Avenger 04.04 - 06.04

Comments

• Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Kelbris wrote:
    WYP's AI friggin cheats

EVERY SINGLE mag projectile lined up greens

Kelbris have you hit 1100 yet? I keep seeing you at a juicy 34 points, but don't have the heart to drill you for points and knock you out of your push.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    allorin wrote:
    Thank you, davecazz and clint! And yeah, it was a nail-biter - my nerves are shredded.

I got a few things wrong, and learned a little about PvP strategy along the way. Will be down around 275 HP at the end, but that's not bad for a 3* cover.

Getting over the line at the third time of asking went easier than expected. I was on 1060, with three nodes lined up at 17, 16, 15. I did the 17 first, as it was in the desert and Hulk Smash. Quick win. Got 17 points. Then I did the 16, which was a retal from my earlier push from 1000 to 1060. However, that netted me a surprise 26 points, which pushed me to 1103! Quick screen cap of the award, and then shieldshieldshield!

Grats! I think I'm liking the 3* reward at 1100: it makes the cover achievable for those that really want to try, but its still pretty challenging to get there easily. Hopefully the devs don't change it back up to 1200+ or something: this point amount seems near perfect for the reward.
  • allorin wrote:
    Thank you, davecazz and clint! And yeah, it was a nail-biter - my nerves are shredded.

I got a few things wrong, and learned a little about PvP strategy along the way. Will be down around 275 HP at the end, but that's not bad for a 3* cover.

Getting over the line at the third time of asking went easier than expected. I was on 1060, with three nodes lined up at 17, 16, 15. I did the 17 first, as it was in the desert and Hulk Smash. Quick win. Got 17 points. Then I did the 16, which was a retal from my earlier push from 1000 to 1060. However, that netted me a surprise 26 points, which pushed me to 1103! Quick screen cap of the award, and then shieldshieldshield!

Grats! I think I'm liking the 3* reward at 1100: it makes the cover achievable for those that really want to try, but its still pretty challenging to get there easily. Hopefully the devs don't change it back up to 1200+ or something: this point amount seems near perfect for the reward.

Yep. Attainable with some effort and luck.
  • a good 3* cover at 1100 definitely makes it worthwhile for the push, I dont think anyone tries for the 1200 cover.

I would love to see what happens if we had solid covers at 1100, 1200, and 1300 though. an 1100 cover is enough to get a bunch of people up to that range, enough to make a 1200 push a little more realistic.

reckless did the 1200 push this time around.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Clint wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    WYP's AI friggin cheats

EVERY SINGLE mag projectile lined up greens

Kelbris have you hit 1100 yet? I keep seeing you at a juicy 34 points, but don't have the heart to drill you for points and knock you out of your push.

Not yet, I'm gonna unshield sometime after 9 and hit two people, thanks for waiting though c:
  • Ugh, climbed to 1064 but I'm figuring that's 3 matches to get to 1100. Not sure if I want to do 2 fights and shield or just go for broke w/ all 3.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Ugh, climbed to 1064 but I'm figuring that's 3 matches to get to 1100. Not sure if I want to do 2 fights and shield or just go for broke w/ all 3.

Do 2. If not at ur goal hope for a defensive win. If no defensive wind and >10 minutes left break shield and grab ur cap.
  • Kelbris
    Got my red Steve and shielded c:
  • Kelbris
    entropic01 wrote:
    Ugh, climbed to 1064 but I'm figuring that's 3 matches to get to 1100. Not sure if I want to do 2 fights and shield or just go for broke w/ all 3.

if you get close let me know, I can try and retreat in a fight with you to push you over with a minute left
  • Clintman
    entropic01 wrote:

I have a retaliation saved for you Entropic, Ill check and see if you are unshielded before I pop it at the end, I would hate to knock you out right before 1100.
  • Kelbris wrote:

if you get close let me know, I can try and retreat in a fight with you to push you over with a minute left

Really nice offer, but luckily I found two 20 point fights and knocked them out real quick for the cap.
    Clint wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:

I have a retaliation saved for you Entropic, Ill check and see if you are unshielded before I pop it at the end, I would hate to knock you out right before 1100.

Smack away, I hit my 1100. I had saved you for a while hoping you had shielded when I hit you. Hopefully I didn't derail you.

I burned two 3 hour shields for the 1100. 150 HP is definitely worth the red Cap for me. I wasted 75HP at the end though because I went on auto-pilot and shielded after I hit 1100 even though I don't need the X-force. icon_redface.gif
  • Clintman
    entropic01 wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

Really nice offer, but luckily I found two 20 point fights and knocked them out real quick for the cap.
    Clint wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:

Smack away, I hit my 1100. I had saved you for a while hoping you had shielded when I hit you. Hopefully I didn't derail you.

Nah. I hit 1100 yesterday, then let my ranking slip to let Lycra get their red Wolvie cover, just been maintaining reasonable points with enough retals to help alliance rank if necessary.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    So can someone explain the 3 hour shield thing? Is it because the only people who show up that high are the ones who are unshielded, and likely to burn out their retributions right away?

Do you break it again after all the retaliations are in?
  • Spoit wrote:
    So can someone explain the 3 hour shield thing? Is it because the only people who show up that high are the ones who are unshielded, and likely to burn out their retributions right away?

Do you break it again after all the retaliations are in?

That is what I do, but you still have to watch out for late retaliations around the time when most people are getting ready to put up their final shields for the event.

The trick is to miss out on hits from all the low-value targets you chewed up on the way to the top. Those people can suck 40 points away from you.
  • So wait, what...do we have a grace period of three matches after unshielding before we show up on anyone's radar?

Also, about the retaliations...that's only 30 iso bonus, right? Just like the not-skipping bonus? You guys are making it out to be a big thing. Asking for a friend...
  • Viorala wrote:
    So wait, what...do we have a grace period of three matches after unshielding before we show up on anyone's radar?

Also, about the retaliations...that's only 30 iso bonus, right? Just like the not-skipping bonus? You guys are making it out to be a big thing. Asking for a friend...

there is no grace period, as soon as your shield is disabled you can appear on another player's radar. also, if they choose to retaliate when your shield is down, you will lose points. So if you unshield, you need to try and finish your matches as quickly as possible before someone fights against you. unshielding, playing 3 matches and then shielding again is typically a safe process to get some points without losing any. Then you wait for enough time to go by in order for the people you just beat to retaliate against you. and then you star the process over again.

The points are not iso bonus points, the points that we are talking about are the points in the tournament that is used for ranking and awards. if you are at ~1000 points you can typically not get more than 15 points per match and sometimes its as low as 4-6 points. but if you lose to someone you will likely lose ~40 points, so if someone hits you at that high of a score it really sets you back. just 1 hit can undo up to 6 wins.
  • Thanks for answering my rather nooby questions. I unshielded an hour ago and it took three matches before I started getting attacked so I guess that's a good guideline but definitely not a rule.

Also everyone in my bracket needs to stop climbing ahead of me because I really need a green Grey Widow cover. Although I bet those two unshielded people are gonna start dropping like stones soon, this is going to be a dicey finish...
  • Viorala wrote:
    Thanks for answering my rather nooby questions. I unshielded an hour ago and it took three matches before I started getting attacked so I guess that's a good guideline but definitely not a rule.

Also everyone in my bracket needs to stop climbing ahead of me because I really need a green Grey Widow cover. Although I bet those two unshielded people are gonna start dropping like stones soon, this is going to be a dicey finish...

well if you ask nicely, I'm sure they will stop climbing and let you get the cover icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Viorala wrote:
    So wait, what...do we have a grace period of three matches after unshielding before we show up on anyone's radar?

Also, retaliations stick around, so someone you hit at like 300 points can come around a day later when you're at 1k, and hit you for 50 points if you don't have a shield up
  • I'm trying!

Please stop. Everyone...please...?

Well anyway, it's a good thing I didn't go to bed early like I had originally planned.