Tournament Teams

I have no idea which characters fight for me on tournaments, is this random, does the game chooses the higher level ones?

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    The last team that you used on offense is used as your defensive team. Your Mission and Tourney teams are separate, so you can go play missions without that affecting who you have defending for you in Tourneys.
  • Hey Ice, is the tourney team pool separate? just as an example for the thor and 1 star tournament overlapped period, are the characters you used as offense in one tournament going to be defending in the other tournament?
  • IceIX
    Every Chapter remembers your team separately. That way you don't have a team fighting in the SHIELD Training Tourney that's invalid for the Avengers Tourney and such. So feel free to use a different team in each Tourney/Event that's out there, they don't interact.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Every Chapter remembers your team separately. That way you don't have a team fighting in the SHIELD Training Tourney that's invalid for the Avengers Tourney and such. So feel free to use a different team in each Tourney/Event that's out there, they don't interact.

I'm pretty sure they interact. I'm currently in the Avengers and Unstable Iso-8 tourneys, and there's no way I can use a different team for each. Changing the team selection in one invariably affects the other.
  • IceIX
    Bombul wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they interact. I'm currently in the Avengers and Unstable Iso-8 tourneys, and there's no way I can use a different team for each. Changing the team selection in one invariably affects the other.

Team selection is saved for your convenience since we assume that you're choosing your most powerful characters and probably want to use that same batch in another area. The ones that stay on your defensive side on the other hand, don't change up until you use a different team in that Tourney.
  • Thnx. Now I feel okay checking my secondary chars against the secondary missions still available to me..
  • IceIX wrote:
    Bombul wrote:

Team selection is saved for your convenience since we assume that you're choosing your most powerful characters and probably want to use that same batch in another area. The ones that stay on your defensive side on the other hand, don't change up until you use a different team in that Tourney.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I get what you're saying (I hope). As in, when you return to Tourney A after playing Tourney B with a different team, Team A might have changed to that of B, as it assumes you have chosen the strongest team for B. However, the defensive team for A is still the same as before i.e. the last offence you used in A. Problem is, that is hidden and I got confused. Also, this "auto team selection" might seem intuitive, but it's not. It actually creates more work as players have to constantly swap team members when alternating between tourneys, as different tourneys need different characters.

The simple solution would be just to remove this auto selection. I would probably prefer absolutely discrete and separate teams that one can see in the selection panel. As in, what I put in A, is what is going for fights, or defending my position. It doesn't change regardless of any other tourneys, and I return to what I last chose. This is probably more clear. Sometimes I swap around teams in a single tourney to see which ones defend better, so I was probably doing it wrong since it only depends on the last offence team.
  • IceIX
    Bombul wrote:
    I think I get what you're saying (I hope). As in, when you return to Tourney A after playing Tourney B with a different team, Team A might have changed to that of B, as it assumes you have chosen the strongest team for B. However, the defensive team for A is still the same as before i.e. the last offence you used in A. Problem is, that is hidden and I got confused. Also, this "auto team selection" might seem intuitive, but it's not. It actually creates more work as players have to constantly swap team members when alternating between tourneys, as different tourneys need different characters.

Yep, that's the size of it. Noted on the autoselection as well, we'll look into how players are selecting teams between missions. Could be that most are doing what we think (and what I described above) but we won't know till we look.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Bombul wrote:

Yep, that's the size of it. Noted on the autoselection as well, we'll look into how players are selecting teams between missions. Could be that most are doing what we think (and what I described above) but we won't know till we look.

I agree with Bombul. These types of "hidden" optimizations don't work when they're not intuitive. Having a simple symbol appear over each character in the character selection screen (in Tournaments) that indicates they are currently picked for defense would be simple and informative. Selecting "Info" on said characters would explain it "This cover is currently on defense for tournament X" or something like that.