Alliance Roster Question..

Options
I have seen numerous alliances charging their new recruits for their own roster spot on the alliance. Just curious how does this work? Does the new recruit send An iTunes gift to the commander in order to "pay" for the slot? Or how does that alliance receive payment ? Thanks!

Comments

• RyanJ wrote:
    I have seen numerous alliances charging their new recruits for their own roster spot on the alliance. Just curious how does this work? Does the new recruit send An iTunes gift to the commander in order to "pay" for the slot? Or how does that alliance receive payment ? Thanks!

The common practice has been for the person coming in to be named as a commander so that they can directly pay for the next team slot. That means #20 gets a free ride!
  • That makes sense!! How do you take care of having way too many commanders when all said and done?
  • RyanJ wrote:
    That makes sense!! How do you take care of having way too many commanders when all said and done?

Toss them all into a ring for a fight to the death and the last one alive will become the one and true commander.
  • Hmmmmm thunderdome it is lol..... Seriously though because a commander cannot kick another commander or demote correct?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RyanJ wrote:
    That makes sense!! How do you take care of having way too many commanders when all said and done?

You don't. I think the idea is that if someone bought an alliance slot for the alliance, then they should be guaranteed that they wont get kicked out by other members in the alliance, and being a commander enables this. I doubt the developers intended this, but it's a good safeguard against being kicked after spending your hard earned HP on a slot.
  • Yeah, basically what NorthernPolarity said.
    Only downside of course is if someone decides to be a constant loafer after joining.
    I guess our best hope is for some sort of majority vote kick system to be activated for someone that's been inactive for a long period of time, or falls below a certain team average on a constant basis.
  • I suspect they'll eventually need to have support remove inactive commanders.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thats why i d rather have myself invest in new spots than have dead weights on the crew..