Reinforcements Tournament

Comments

• Boring tourney? I just hit 1000 and it was painful even though my team is good, simply because theres nobody to attack. 1100 is useless to me; would like to get to 1300 for my last IM40 cover but it doesn't look like its going to happen.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Boring tourney? I just hit 1000 and it was painful even though my team is good, simply because theres nobody to attack. 1100 is useless to me; would like to get to 1300 for my last IM40 cover but it doesn't look like its going to happen.
    Yeah, with the boosted IM40 HP, this tournement is a huge slog. Even sitting on 20 health packs from red iso, I can't get the motivation to go for 1k
  • Spoit wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Boring tourney? I just hit 1000 and it was painful even though my team is good, simply because theres nobody to attack. 1100 is useless to me; would like to get to 1300 for my last IM40 cover but it doesn't look like its going to happen.
    Yeah, with the boosted IM40 HP, this tournement is a huge slog. Even sitting on 20 health packs from red iso, I can't get the motivation to go for 1k

I just use magneto to 5-chain blues over and over to win without taking damage lol
  • I got the 1k last night. Wolverine + Ragnarok isn't even fair.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    I got the 1k last night. Wolverine + Ragnarok isn't even fair.
    You're in my bracket. I'm prolly going to aim for top 50, or maybe top 10, but I don't really want 4-star Wolvie.

I'm running boosted IM40 + Cap and I still avoid high level Rags.
  • Ranzera wrote:

Shhhhh...they'll hear you.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    You're in my bracket. I'm prolly going to aim for top 50, or maybe top 10, but I don't really want 4-star Wolvie.

I'm running boosted IM40 + Cap and I still avoid high level Rags.

Our bracket is awesome. I'll probably have to do some light battling to top 2. Maybe I'll get a nap in.

I don't care about Wolverine so much in his current state. I just want to build him out in case they make him not terrible.
  • Everyone has characters with too much HP in this tournament! It takes so long! Sometimes they have so much HP that Unibeam doesn't one-shot them icon_e_sad.gif
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Everyone has characters with too much HP in this tournament! It takes so long! Sometimes they have so much HP that Unibeam doesn't one-shot them icon_e_sad.gif

My Level 90 Iron Man is only recharge fodder for my Wolverine/Ragnarok engine. I can end a battle in about 90 seconds from ability spam by turn 4.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Humphrey wrote:
    Everyone has characters with too much HP in this tournament! It takes so long! Sometimes they have so much HP that Unibeam doesn't one-shot them icon_e_sad.gif

My Level 90 Iron Man is only recharge fodder for my Wolverine/Ragnarok engine. I can end a battle in about 90 seconds from ability spam by turn 4.
    Did you keep your yellow at lvl1?
  • i dont even want loki but the iso 8 event is so damn boring and the hawkeye one so irrelevant i'm doing this one icon_mad.gif
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Humphrey wrote:

Did you keep your yellow at lvl1?
    It's at 3, for the green.
  • So the battle for 26-50 begins. How many times will I have to yield to avoid rising up into the Loki rank?
  • I'm up all night to get Loki.

Actually, not really. West coast here. Just wanted a reason to say that.
  • My bracket doesn't seem very active... it's seems more risky to target 26-50 when tons of other people at that rank at of very similar points, and I don't want just another purple widow.

I think I may just go for the wolvie or double loki instead of the blue widow =(
  • I already have all the widow covers, I'm actually tanking for a heroic chip. icon_cry.gif
  • well got my 2 loki's .. yay I guess.

1 game difference between #5 and #1 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I already have all the widow covers, I'm actually tanking for a heroic chip. icon_cry.gif
    Really? Lucky draws, HP upgrades? I didn't think there'd been enough events to max her yet.
  • Yowzas my bracket suddenly spun to life in the last 20 minutes (with Mr zzzwolph in it no less). I was lucky to squeeze into top 10.

You may just get lucky with the chip. I got a diabolical token in the last Rag tourney... only to roll a red rag from it. Best rip ever :3
  • Damnit, got hit in the last minute for 33 points... knocked me down to 983. #1 and #2 have 984. But that was the ONLY retaliation for the last couple of hours.

It's not so much that I wanted the Wolvy cover as I didn't want the Loki covers. Would've rather had the BW covers. Oh well.