Lazy Thor vs. 2* Thor

Options
Hi all,

Just wondering at what level lazy Thor takes over 2* Thor.

Assuming they have the same spec (i.e. 3/5/5/). Do you guys sell your 2* Thor after your lazy Thor takes over? or still keep him for events (when 2* version is buffed)

Thanks for your advise

Comments

• Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    Should be level 99 if the scaling for powers is similar to that for match damage. And I think keeping the 2* is a better option given how restrictive the usable roster is for heroics. Not too concerned about the buff for various events and required nodes are normally 3* but to be competitive in Heroics means having as large an available roster as possible so that you're not squeezed out by the restrictive roster.
  • Unlike 3* characters who only usually overtake 2* characters around level 90-100, Lazy Thor is better than a level 85 2* Thor at a much lower level (doing more damage with abilities below level 85 and having equal health around level 85). There may be (heroic) events where you can only use 2* Thor, but in the current event a buffed 2* is worse than a maxed Gold Thor.
    In the current event, 2* Thor is buffed to level 125 and LazyThor isn't buffed at all. 2* Thor buffed to level 125 (3/5/5 build) has 7740 health and does 1015, 1048 & 2903/1451/1451 damage with abilities. Gold Thor at level 141 (3/5/5 build) has 8770 health and does 1168, 2121 & 3856/1927/1927 damage with abilities.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i second bughunt on his analysis.. i sold 2*thor the moment lazy thor appears..
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    If you don't have the roster space, go ahead and sell it. The only reason to keep it around is basically for heroics. At level 86, 3* health overtakes 2* health but damage output only matches somewhere in the 90+ range.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    jefip wrote:
    Hi all,

Assuming they have the same spec (i.e. 3/5/5/). Do you guys sell your 2* Thor after your lazy Thor takes over? or still keep him for events (when 2* version is buffed)

Thanks for your advise
    bughunt's analysis was great.

I did a snapshot test of this when leveling my LThor: at L77, 3/3/3 LThor abilities outclass their L77 Thor counterparts. No clue about match damage, though. I'm keeping Thor, though, at least until I'm well out of 2* territory.
  • The usual comparison assumes a balanced 3* versus a balanced 2*. There's nothing balanced about lazy Thor. His offensive values are perhaps twice of what a balanced 3* should be, and he easily passes up Thor 2* very early on.

Match damage/health for both still follows the usual 3* versus 2* curve, but it really doesn't matter when you consider how much damage lazy Thor's abilities do.
  • 2* Thor is powerful enough that I'm going to keep him for when he is buffed/required. You only get 12.5k iso for selling him maxed, which you'll regret heavily and lose more if he is buffed/required in even a single roster-restrictive PVE event.

Phantron, you are exaggerating. twice would mean his abilities should almost be worse than 2* Thor.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    jefip wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks for your advise
    bughunt's analysis was great.

I did a snapshot test of this when leveling my LThor: at L77, 3/3/3 LThor abilities outclass their L77 Thor counterparts. No clue about match damage, though. I'm keeping Thor, though, at least until I'm well out of 2* territory.
    2* Thor beats 3* on match damage. but thats it.

2* lvl 85 - 5340 - 45/50/10/09/39/11/3.5x3
    3* lvl 85 - 5302 - 40/44/09/08/35/09/3.5x3
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    At some point I'm sure there will be a Twin Star or dual Star tournament.

They cannot help themselves. icon_e_smile.gif