infinite loop with cosmos charger [Investigating]

Options
Heartstone
Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
I've had it twice today that cosmos charger started some infinite loop with other foretell cards. Luckily, the loopbreaker does its job, but it's frightening.
Screen recording is available if needed.
App version: latest
Platform: android
Event: Doomskar claimants, foretell node

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello @Heartstone,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just had this come up again. Both players (Karn vs. Karn) had a Cosmos Charger on the battlefield and 2 foretold support tokens on the board. When Greg used his first loyalty ability it triggered a chain of events that caused both chargers to start activating and never finished. I assume it was one charger removing shields from a support token resulting in destroying it but before it left the board that destruction triggered the other charger to remove shield from its owner's supports which destroyed a support token and causing the first charger to get triggered again and hit the support that was already 'destroyed' but not off the battlefield yet and started the cycle over again. Another person in my coalition also had this happen and I see there was a charger on each side from their match. I have had this bug in the past as well, though I'm not sure if there were 2 chargers in play at that time.

• FregTheGnome
    FregTheGnome Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This happened to me just now on the opponent's turn. 15 minutes of two Cosmos Chargers animating, then the loop did finally end. But I scrolled up the log to get a screenshot, which took another 15 minutes because of how many entries were in it. 

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This bug definitely impacts my ability to play the Doomskar Claimants event as I'd like to, since I have to completely avoid playing Cosmos Charger.

There are cards that people avoid playing, like Skeletal Swarming, or Cyclone Summoner, because they are or were bugged, and clearly those cards should be fixed, but I think that Cosmos Charger should be a higher priority to fix, because it's one of a small pool of good Foretell cards, and Doomskar Claimants requires players to play with Foretell cards.
  • Dinky70
    Dinky70 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hello this also impacted me.  Can't continue event.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Janosik said:
    This bug definitely impacts my ability to play the Doomskar Claimants event as I'd like to, since I have to completely avoid playing Cosmos Charger.

There are cards that people avoid playing, like Skeletal Swarming, or Cyclone Summoner, because they are or were bugged, and clearly those cards should be fixed, but I think that Cosmos Charger should be a higher priority to fix, because it's one of a small pool of good Foretell cards, and Doomskar Claimants requires players to play with Foretell cards.
    your not wrong.   I have a few more pics.   and someone captured it on video so i am sending it up the ladder @o@Oktagon_Support
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options

Was this issue fixed or are we going to face it once more this weekend?

• Xibvert
    Xibvert Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

It's been confirmed that this has not been fixed and has been experienced by some players today.