Oh god, not this again - Red iso 8!

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    When is the reset supposed to be anyway, I jumped in early than I wanted (for a more competitive bracket) because I thought it would be at the usual midnight eastern time, after that statement about it not being every 48 hours
  • Ranzera wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    I guess we'll see how much the RNG hates me. So far I've missed 3 shots at a purple spidey cover.

Theres 3 shots? i thought it was just juggs/venom.
    The first Red Iso 8 series had Purple spidey covers as a drop chance from 3 of the resets.

Don't think I got any of those either.
  • Man that event is really frustrating, The rules are completely unclear, the ingame description seems to be wrong, the point values for the missions are going crazy for me.
  • Me too. It's insane. One minute a mission is worth 29 points and the next it's down to 12. I just try to strike when point values are high and when they drop, I quit. When they go back up, I strike again. It's not a perfect system but, it works okay without just grinding myself into insanity. At one point, the easy repeatable was worth more than the hard one. o_O Oddest event ever! icon_lol.gif
  • Not only that the point rewards are jumping around like a bunny on cocaine, but sometimes i even don't get the points it said the mission was worth when i started it.
  • Can admins or developers check in on this jumping points issue, please? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    I guess we'll see how much the RNG hates me. So far I've missed 3 shots at a purple spidey cover.

Theres 3 shots? i thought it was just juggs/venom.

I wouldn't know... But if this is a complete repeat of a past event then maybe he missed it twice then?
  • Not only that the point rewards are jumping around like a bunny on cocaine, but sometimes i even don't get the points it said the mission was worth when i started it.

I have the same thing happening here but suspect it has to do with our clients not updating fast enough (and still showing the previous value).
  • Chrno wrote:
    Not only that the point rewards are jumping around like a bunny on cocaine, but sometimes i even don't get the points it said the mission was worth when i started it.

I have the same thing happening here but suspect it has to do with our clients not updating fast enough (and still showing the previous value).

And also the changing points are live in real time while we are in a match.
  • IronyMan wrote:
    I loved the last unstable ISO event but this one seems like it won't be so awesome to me. I've completed all the events (with the repeatables done a few times for each one) and I'm currently 225th. It's kind of silly

I just did the first mission and waiting for others to go up in value. Right now they are 30-105 for a total of 480ish putting me in top 15 if I do it now. I'll wait another 5 hours and maybe I can be 1st without repeatables. What a joke rubber banding is.
  • IronyMan wrote:
    I loved the last unstable ISO event but this one seems like it won't be so awesome to me. I've completed all the events (with the repeatables done a few times for each one) and I'm currently 225th. It's kind of silly

I just did the first mission and waiting for others to go up in value. Right now they are 30-105 for a total of 480ish putting me in top 15 if I do it now. I'll wait another 5 hours and maybe I can be 1st without repeatables. What a joke rubber banding is.

If you do first mission for 105 points next one won't be for such amount but less. So you don't have to wait. Only one last hour of this red iso marathon matters. If you are first in your bracket you get 0 points (sic!) for repatable mission. If you are second - 1-2 points. So competition will be only at the last hour of this tournament
  • Actually the rubberbanding seems fair now that a day has passed (at least for my bracket).

Everyone gets to grind and no one has a runaway benefit because the moment you hit first place you stop really gaining points. The top 10 are 700+ or so, and I can imagine the whole bracket hitting 1500 in the next two days.

After that it does seem like placement will ultimately depend on how much time you have to grind the last few hours before the tourney closes.

They need to start having PvE tourneys with no placement rewards. But I guess there's nothing strictly ethically wrong with designing the game to allow for people with too much time to waste it away.
  • Can admins or developers check in on this jumping points issue, please? icon_e_biggrin.gif

You realize it's Thanksgiving in the US, right?

They'll be back on Monday.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Wait, Zathrus says he sees higher point values on the Bullseye mission that he hasn't completed yet. So I guess it *is* possible to get more out of the one-time missions.

Yeah, I got around 95 points for the Bullseye mission. I'm currently in 11th in my bracket w/ 801 points -- the repeatables are listing as 11 points (Greenland) and 8 points (Gov Raid). Top ranked in my bracket has 1122 points. He's grinding hard too, since about 20 minutes ago he was only a bit over 1000.

I'd like to end up in the top 50; Invisible Woman is another **** 4*, but the HP is worthwhile.

Oh, and to those wondering -- things should reset around noon EST if they're on a 24 hour cycle. But remember that some things appeared at odd hours in the original event.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Can admins or developers check in on this jumping points issue, please? icon_e_biggrin.gif

You realize it's Thanksgiving in the US, right?

They'll be back on Monday.

Didn't thought of that. We don't really celebrate that here icon_e_biggrin.gif Thanks!
  • I really don't understand the point system here. I ground until my missions were worth 0 and 1 point. Then watched the person in number one continue to get point in bunches of 30 at a time while I can't progress at all. At this moment I'm 500 behind, can only get 1 point at a time, and am watching myself fall from 5th to 50th place. Frustrating beyond belief
  • I think this haas become the random winner tournament. I finished all my missions las night with some giving only 3 points bu the time they locked. I am in the mid hundreds regard place and can't play. Now the missions are woth 30. I guess the strategy is to not do missions unless they are worth 30. I was worrid about a reset but it did not happen. Strangeness...
  • New missions out!
  • Mission changed, so it officially. Changes every day. So 5 chances at a purple spidey then I guess. The rng wants me to have red capt it seems. Maxed and threw out 4 since the event started...

So there is no point in NOT doing them right now as far as I understand? I counted and it would push me about 300 pts below 1st to do all the quests. So I don't think the rubberbanding is so much that the algorithm is trying to get you there in just the first runthrough of the round. I guess it requires less grinding maybe if I don't, but the scoring still doesn't make perfect sense
  • Another thing about the event: Who else gets a lot of health packs? ^^ I'm at 27 at the moment