Gwenpool daily crash of the titans

Options

What was being smoked in the office when you thought this was a good idea. I am so frustrated I am ready to cry

Comments

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Collect R+B, fire black, then red at the 5Jeffrey and down him.

the 3*s will eat your SAP tiles, but you can start pounding them down slowly.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,552 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, that was rough. Doable after several attempts, but rough.

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

ya I managed to do it after a couple of tries. I think whatever they were smoking was the same thing for the current Puzzle Gauntlet make a row of attack tiles.

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Polaris to close any SAP tiles, a special tile generator (ie powerman/brb/4R&G/3IronFist/etc), and then Onslaught to destroy TU tiles which end up in the corner.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,011 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 1 April 2024, 23:24
    Options

Lucky my HB is ascended, so I mostly just match damaged them to death. I didn't imagine this fight seemed all that difficult until I started to see posts about it on Facebook and now here.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is a rerun of a thing from last year, right? How did it work last year? It wasn't just Hulkbuster, was it? Did we get new fights every day, or did the required character change (or both)?

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I sold me first championed hulkbuster so I only have one at 277. Why are we all of a sudden having to take on THREE opponents? This is ****.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    Options

Used Lockheed support, at 3* it reduces enemy damage.

Yes this is a repeat from last year. It plays the same as a regular 7 day Deadpool Daily.

• Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options

Yeah, this is insane. Three against one? Even with mega boosts I couldn’t even down one of them. This SUCKS!! 🤬🤬🤬 Big middle finger to whoever thought this was a fair event.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,946 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 April 2024, 03:26
    Options

My 370 Hulkbuster won both challenges back-2-back without needing a health pack (was down to 3K health) or using any supports.

Kill the 5 star version first obviously. Match Red then Blue (I matched Black for damage but never fired that power) because the Blue creates Red tiles if timed right generate a bunch of Red matches so you can one shot them.

If you have Taskmasters Sword it would be a good support to equip. At L3 it does +480ish damage per match and +1100ish damage when firing your Red power.

KGB

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

This crash really highlights the problem with some of the old guards... abysmal damage output and insane power cost... next rebalance? Hmm...

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options

I had no issues with Level 344 Hulkbuster. Had over 10k and 14k health left respectively. That includes damage from using the black power (I run 5/5/3)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,645 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I punched the sharks until they gave me the prize. I used boosts to help.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 April 2024, 17:29
    Options

Ascended Hulkbuster trivialized it for sure. Speaking of sharks though, has anybody 5'd their 3* Jeffrey yet? I feel like his green would probably scale pretty nasty compared to the regular 5* one's green, but mine is still at 260.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Ascended Hulkbuster trivialized it for sure. Speaking of sharks though, has anybody 5'd their 3* Jeffrey yet? I feel like his green would probably scale pretty nasty compared to the regular 5* one's green, but mine is still at 260.

Yes, I found one. Their green has the exact same power description as my meager 187. Bonus 100%, etc.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess the scaling is more about the strikes you are propagating, and the associated 5* match damage and health, but that is a tad disappointing.