S.H.I.E.LD. Simulator Reward Rate

Options

Why is the reward rate on the Shield Simulator so skewed toward the 2, 3 iso rewards vs the almost 70 character covers? Only 2, 3 iso yet almost every win gives out iso instead of covers. That makes the simulator less enjoyable to play.

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@no1amerioca said:
    Why is the reward rate on the Shield Simulator so skewed toward the 2, 3 iso rewards vs the almost 70 character covers? Only 2, 3 iso yet almost every win gives out iso instead of covers. That makes the simulator less enjoyable to play.

It's just been that way for years and they never changed it.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My first 8 wins in SSIM gave me Nightcrawler covers.
    Sorry for taking all of yours.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

Rather have bagman covers. They don't drop enough.

• no1amerioca
    no1amerioca Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options

It’s so annoying. Make me not want to play it. With the whole ascension thing now, getting more lower level covers would really make the simulator more popular.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,132 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 March 2024, 22:46
    Options

I agree the Sim rewards need updating. So do the season rewards. I have only just started playing PvP regularly since the end of last season, but if there was a 28 day PvE where I'd get 3 tokens and 45HP for coming in the 11th percentile, I'd probably not play it.

Edit: in fact, I'll ask about it in the Q&A.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options

To clarify, sounds like the OP is talking about match rewards (right?), not progression.

I put up 43 wins in sim last night, got 5 total cover drops. Hey, 5 beats zero, yep :D

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,132 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@JoeHandle said:
    To clarify, sounds like the OP is talking about match rewards (right?), not progression.

I put up 43 wins in sim last night, got 5 total cover drops. Hey, 5 beats zero, yep :D

Yes, quite right. I've never tracked cover drops though 5/43 does sound low.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 26 March 2024, 01:24
    Options

@Scofie said:
    I agree the Sim rewards need updating. So do the season rewards. I have only just started playing PvP regularly since the end of last season, but if there was a 28 day PvE where I'd get 3 tokens and 45HP for coming in the 11th percentile, I'd probably not play it.

Included in the notes for R299 is this:

——

Watch out for an update to "Seasons" coming soon!

——

Maybe a rewards update? I hope…

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Scofie said:

Included in the notes for R299 is this:

——

Watch out for an update to "Seasons" coming soon!

——

Maybe a rewards update? I hope…

I think that could be referencing to supports to pvp. There was glitch recently that enabled supports in pvp for about an hour.