Playing lower rank in pve means got to play more?

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,005 Chairperson of the Boards

I usually join rank 10 and could of swear it was 4 and done (play 4 rounds per node).. I join rank 5 and seems you need to play it 7 times to clear (though it's faster since Thanos kills all)

But was it always 7 clears on lower rounds ...besides placement would you get more rewards playing lower rank

Thanks

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    But was it always 7 clears on lower rounds ...besides placement would you get more rewards playing lower rank

Yes, it's always been 4 initial clears then 3 final clears in the lower tiers.

KGB

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You do not get more rewards for playing lower SCLs….

They lowered 10 because you can one shot almost everything in low SCLs with a good roster, but 10 usually has a couple ones that will take longer due to health pools.

• slidecage
    Options

Thought you would get more since your playing 7 times compare to 4

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

Possibly regarding bonus rewards, but why lose out on level 10 prog and placement for a few extra rewards that are exponentially lesser in value?

• slidecage
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Possibly regarding bonus rewards, but why lose out on level 10 prog and placement for a few extra rewards that are exponentially lesser in value?

Say if not playing for placement . Like say just looking for basic tokens and some iso (give you an idea my lack of playing nets me maybe top 800 in level 10). So placement really don't concern me

Also got to love one killing everything

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have not played anything below SCL10 in....3 1/2 years. But I think it goes to 6 rewards below SCL10 because you need to do 7 clears to go to zero points...?

The rewards possibly give you more bonus rewards, except the bonus rewards stop at a certain point each day anyway.

I don't remember the extra node rewards in sub-10 nodes, but I think that one is a boost, and maybe the other is some iso, and they combined iso rewards in SCL10 so you get the same amount of iso from 4 clears as you do from 6 in lower SCLs. (boosts are hardly missed)

I do not recall if there is any swapping of tokens, but maybe you get a Mighty from 10's CN and a Standard from 1-9 in the 2E. I could be off a bit on the details.

But: the details are not that important as the game is basically infinite, the goalposts are effectively infinite and some more or less rewards do not really matter in the long run....you are trying to max/min rewards to effort but that's kind of the wrong question.

The question I guess I would ask is how much time do you have to play? It seems like the answer is "not much" if you are hitting T800 in SCL10, or maybe that's because your roster can't clear nodes. If you are very limited in time then I would still consider the easiest nodes in 10 and hitting those because the progression is pretty good even at a low level. If you're running into a wall on node difficulty then definitely play down in a lower SCL. There are definite fast teams you might focus on for at least the pick-3 nodes in various SCLs (focus on Kang for hards with Deathlok/Vulture/ascended Vision, and of course old favorites Jugg/Polaris/Rocket for easy nodes)

I would look for a sweet spot on time spent and ability to hit progression/placement....at minimum you should look at the lower CP reward and aim for that in each event you play. If dropping lower means you can hit it then that's fine.

30% of players are in SCL10 and it's probable you'll do better in lower SCLs, especially if you aren't trying to be competitive anyway.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

CL10 used to be the same number of clears as the others. They changed it because folks felt like it took too much time. Their goal was to get CL10 times more in line with the lower ones.

I have no idea what times are like now. The change was made a long time ago.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

@slidecage said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Say if not playing for placement . Like say just looking for basic tokens and some iso (give you an idea my lack of playing nets me maybe top 800 in level 10). So placement really don't concern me

Also got to love one killing everything

In Ticket to Knowhere, these are the rewards for each node in cl 9. Idk how much these differ from cl to cl but something for you to compare with.

Go Long! - 100 iso, 100 iso, 100 iso, 200 iso,140 iso, 1 standard

Guardian Forces - Elite, 750 iso, heroic, 350 riso

Fantastic Frenzy - 350 riso, 100 iso, 140 iso, standard, 250 iso 500 iso

Milano Mayhem - 350 riso, 100 iso, 140 iso, standard, 250 iso, 500 iso

Courting Death - 350 riso, 140 iso, 140 iso, 500 iso, 250 iso, 1 cp

2* - 100 iso, 100 iso, 100 iso, 200 iso, 140 iso, standard

3* - 350 riso, 100 iso, 140 iso, standard, 250 iso, 500 iso

4* - 350 riso, 140 iso, 140 iso, 500 iso, 250 iso, 1 cp

5* - Elite, 280 iso, event store/vault token, 1 cp, 1 cp, 1 cp

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

I used to play 9 because it was faster, even after they lowered the number of clears. Now, even 10 only takes 15-17 minutes. My, how times have changed.