St Patrick’s Day CP Store

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
edited 16 March 2024, 06:22 in MPQ General Discussion

…has FirstCap, BeardCap, and Daredevil. Because those guys are really emblematic of St Patrick’s Day, innit?

Meanwhile me looking all around for Banshee in the game.

It’s just like the recent Lunar New Year stores that had Moon Knight, Moon Girl, and Moondragon, while having practically zero Oriental Asian representation. I appreciate the vaults and stores, but if you really want to have representation, it isnt as simple as looking at keywords and then adding whatever characters’ names fit those keywords. Likewise it isnt as simple as coming up with random vaults or stores and then slapping names like “St Patrick’s” or “Good Fortune” on them.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I mean Banshee/Siryn as a 5/3 seems an easy no brainer t'me!

The store is a pathetic offering though - being half Irish myself it is hard to rally around "Captain America" as particularly relevant, son of "Irish immigrants" or not he is plainly American and it is a bit insulting that is what we have been given as the pinnacle of "Irishness".

Mind you all of Marvel's Irish characters are pretty terrible and Banshee's leprechauns were a particular embarrassment I remember cringing from as a lad. Certainly the last time I went to Castle town-Bearhaven to my wife's family farmhouse there were none dotted about the countryside enjoying the misty rain or driving by at 90 and giving "The Tinger" in friendly greeting.

If they wanted to make a realistic Irish character they should give them the super ability to have heard of and possibly even visited every single Dog racing track there has ever been.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    If they wanted to make a realistic Irish character they should give them the super ability to have heard of and possibly even visited every single Dog racing track there has ever been.

I went to Ireland 2 weeks into a new job to meet the rest of my colleagues. Our very first team activity was drinks at the dog racing track

• DAZ0273
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I went to Ireland 2 weeks into a new job to meet the rest of my colleagues. Our very first team activity was drinks at the dog racing track

It is incredible. I was in this little village called Allihees on the west coast of Ireland and I went to the bar to order some drinks and this guy sitting there notices my east London accent and so starts asking where I am from.

"London"

"Which part?"

"Oh you probably haven't heard of it, it's called Walthamstow"

"Walthamstow!!!! I have been to the dog track many times!!!!!"

At that time I was living in Romford which is a border town to greater London and Essex which also has a dog track and he had been to that one too! And so had three others in this tiny little bar in the middle of nowhere where the village is basically just one road and the tourist information centre is a shed!

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Perhaps Beard Cap could get a greyhound costume and "pint of Guinness" support...

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'll admit to being very confused by Spiderman 2099 with increased odds too. I have the foil covered number 1 somewhere but not sure I remember it well enough to recall the back story.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Scofie said:
    Perhaps Beard Cap could get a greyhound costume and "pint of Guinness" support...

He could have a boiled bacon instead of a shield.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Scofie said:
    I'll admit to being very confused by Spiderman 2099 with increased odds too. I have the foil covered number 1 somewhere but not sure I remember it well enough to recall the back story.

I think he visited the Limerick Greyhound Racing Stadium in one of his adventures

"Come on now lane 2, ya eejit dog, Spidey needs a pint so he does!"

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:

Spider-Man 2099, or Miguel O'Hara of Nueva York, is half Irish half Mexican. Son of Conchata and George O'Hara.

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    HowDoIUnlockBatman Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options

Celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with all the cultural sensitivity mpq is famous for by buying this limited edition variant of Ireland's favourite hero...

You'll have to pay full price though as you've just missed black Friday month

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

I got 3 5* out of 10 pulls on this store, and that is it. Gladly I tried. :D