Ruining New Player Experience - Remove the Increased Chance for 4* Classic Legends

Options
SaltnPeppa
SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
edited 15 March 2024, 21:57 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback

My friend just recently started playing the game and he's finding it frustrating trying to get certain 4* characters when using Command Points because all he can get is the current 15x chance to drop for Rogue, Kate Bishop and X-23.

Please remove the increase chance drops for 4* but keep it for 5* characters. Keeping the 4* all equal chance along with favoriting helps them get their target character done at a faster chance and not forced to keep getting someone they don't want at this time

EDIT: Now I think about it, I think it also might be a good idea to remove for 5* Classic Legends. Because when new players gets to the point when they want Shang Chi or certain personal favorites like Ghost Rider, it'll be hard to get them too.

Instead of having increased chances for Classic Legends, just run a monthly Players Survey Recruit section where you have it increased chances from the surveys along with the equal chances Classic Legends

It won't be easy to get someone to play again after they quit out of frustration to get characters they want or wait 1 year later or only on special times of the year like the anniversary month.

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That's an interesting perspective, and I'd not considered that angle.

My view would be that concentrating on 3 characters for a month means they become usable rather than having one cover and reduces the number of roster slots you have to buy in a short period of time. Or if you don't like them, then you can hoard and vote for who you want in the following month.

Perhaps offer both - a Classics favorite for 20CP with just the three 5s and Top 15 4s as an example and a full dilution for the same price (or a couple of CP less).

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited 16 March 2024, 15:13
    Options

They come to the game for the characters and whatever history or love for them they have. If they want to score and win, they can just play Candy Crush. So I get my friend's point of view. By forcing something to them that they have no interest in, like X-23 which he doesn't know, he has no interest and starting to lose interest fast.

No top 15 either, we can't predict what someone likes when they start the game. What if they like the Runaways because they've been reading the comics. Seriously, how many people would vote for the Runaways and make them top 15 consistently each month?

I want him to stay but it's hard trying to convince someone when they can't get the ones they want or having to wait for it months or penalizing them by increasing the cost. Just keep Classic Legends equal chance, have it accessible, and have a separate running vault for the Players Survey with increased chances. Keeps both veterans and new people happy.

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    HowDoIUnlockBatman Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options

So i think it's important to know what 4* your friend is trying to pull from classics.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:
    They come to the game for the characters and whatever history or love for them they have. If they want to score and win, they can just play Candy Crush. So I get my friend's point of view. By forcing something to them that they have no interest in, like he doesn't know, he has no interest and starting to lose interest fast.

No top 15 either, we can't predict what someone likes when they start the game. What if they like the Runaways because they've been reading the comics. Seriously, how many people would vote for the Runaways and make them top 15 consistently each month?

I want him to stay but it's hard trying to convince someone when they can't get the ones they want or having to wait for it months or penalizing them by increasing the cost. Just keep Classic Legends equal chance, have it accessible, and have a separate running vault for the Players Survey with increased chances. Keeps both veterans and new people happy.

Yes, but that's why Sharding exists.

I would argue that with dilution of the 4* tier currently at 144 characters), getting a character you want in Classics with no bonus odds is a less than 1% (c.0.6%) chance.

For the 3 selected at increased odds that is about a 9% chance.

So, with 3 at increased odds, that drops the chance of pulling remaining 141 characters down to around 0.43%.

Even if you pulled 1000 times, you'd only miss out on less than 2 covers you actually wanted, but would get almost 4 costs in shards (+ bonuses) so statistically more productive than pulling at all.

If the characters preferred were the boosted, you'd get 84 more so that definitely works better on rotation. Worth noting that if Howard wins the vote, the chance of pulling other, non-selected 4* characters, will reduce slightly as he is not normally in packs.