The Maybe? Cursed World of Team-ups that the game decides for you

Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello! That was a long title wasn't it? Wait... don't go yet, the rest is simple! Or is it? What am I talking about? Good question! I am talking about the way the AI selects Team-ups but also how you obtain them!

Scenario 1 - I recently went into a battle and upon gaining enough TU AP noticed that I could select from 2 Green Goblin team ups! Where did they come from?!?!! I have no idea! I did not select them or know I had them...I haven't battled Green Goblin recently that I know of?

But even stranger is...

Ever fight another player and they have some random team up like 2* Magneto ? I mean did they choose that? Why would they? Maybe this is why we can't have Red Skull? Is the AI...choosing the characters it likes...

The AI is already controlling our team ups...I feel we need to understand WHY before it is too late...

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I only use 1 team up a day, usually during DDQ, to satisfy the daily quest. I don't even bother to look at what the 7 new ones are. I just use it in case it's one of them.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The AI gets assigned random team ups -- it's not what the other player chose or used or anything like that.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

I’m stuck with 2 Indian Spider-Man team ups as I never use spider characters. Maybe I can get rid of them at the next round of puzzles when we need to create web tiles . Bigger problem is I don’t really understand his power set and the AI won’t let me just use it as I get the lecture that using it will have no effect.

Sorry Mr AI maybe I want to waste my team up power!!!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You know you can delete TU's from your inventory if you never plan to use them.

KGB

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options

I don't really strategize around or rely upon my Team-Ups. The game collects them randomly, assigns them randomly, and I fire them randomly in battle so that I can just keep constantly churning through them and working towards that "Use 2500 Team-Ups" Milestone Quest. My philosophy is when the game tells me "you should've earned a Team-Up but you didn't" then that's Milestone progress wasted.

Although I also try to keep a couple Deadpool "Whales! Whales! Whales!" Team-Ups lying about just in case...

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 506 Critical Contributor
    Options

I hate when the enemy TU does more damage to my team than the enemy team itself was doing. Even worse when its TU wins it the game. 😡

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    The AI gets assigned random team ups -- it's not what the other player chose or used or anything like that.

It's funny that the AI always seems to get "randomly" assigned a Red Hulk purple team-up at any point I am using a Green AP character!

And that still doesn't explain Goblin! Is the game giving me random Goblin team-ups?!?!?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

It's funny that the AI always seems to get "randomly" assigned a Red Hulk purple team-up at any point I am using a Green AP character!

And that still doesn't explain Goblin! Is the game giving me random Goblin team-ups?!?!?

Did you ask for teamups from your alliance? I don’t know what yours is like but sometimes people have sent weird stuff to me.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Did you ask for teamups from your alliance? I don’t know what yours is like but sometimes people have sent weird stuff to me.

Nope! See that I could understand! Unless Goblin was an enemy or something in a PvE? He isn't in the recent ones I don't think?

• JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@bluewolf said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Nope! See that I could understand! Unless Goblin was an enemy or something in a PvE? He isn't in the recent ones I don't think?

I remember him being an enemy in the previous event or the one before. That's probably where you got them.

-JaGo

• DAZ0273
    Options

@JaGo said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@bluewolf said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I remember him being an enemy in the previous event or the one before. That's probably where you got them.

-JaGo

Hmm...well I guess. Now I will be on the lookout. They shouldn't just be handing out Goblin Team-ups willy nilly, it is freaking me out!

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    edited 11 March 2024, 19:54
    Options

Always happy to help.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,567 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Probably the same AI subroutine that always sets up a match-5 when you fight Jean Grey!

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 March 2024, 22:50
    Options

I was running an Okoye team today in PvE and there were FIVE straight rounds where the AI matched 3 of a color and the cascade dropped two sets of team-up matches. I swear the AI notices what you need and then mocks you by collecting them without even trying.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Alfje17 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Probably the same AI subroutine that always sets up a match-5 when you fight Jean Grey!

Yes! Definitely!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Borstock said:
    I was running an Okoye team today in PvE and there were FIVE straight rounds where the AI matched 3 of a color and the cascade dropped two sets of team-up matches. I swear the AI notices what you need and then mocks you by collecting them without even trying.

Yes this also!

Ghost in the machine!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The AI fires off a ghost rider black team up on a character who has done a huge amount of damage and one shots them.

:#