End of match “cancel or retry”

Options

Is it common for the matches to end with a timeout screen that says “cancel” or “retry” or something along those lines? I have it happen occasionally but it’s never caused much of a problem. Today I accidentally clicked cancel instead of retry and I didn’t get the match win credited. Unfortunately I didn’t get a pic to provide any evidence. In this case :/

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? I’m playing on iPhone and generally have a stable wifi connection

Comments

• Gorthawer
    Gorthawer Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

I had he same for a few times. For me it happened and messed with my final event score a lot. From my experience it nearly always happen when during loading / finishing event and proceeding to objectives screen my phone switches from WiFi to mobile data. I believe I had reported it years back but even during this event I had it. Luckily I clicked retry like a hundered times and after cancell it accepted my win.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Connection errors have plagued this game for years. It's pretty heartbreaking to win a game, but then to lose points because you lose connection during loading.

Generally speaking, don't click 'Cancel' unless you really, really have to, as it's the option most likely to create a game loss.

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Janosik said:
    Connection errors have plagued this game for years. It's pretty heartbreaking to win a game, but then to lose points because you lose connection during loading.

Generally speaking, don't click 'Cancel' unless you really, really have to, as it's the option most likely to create a game loss.

It's safer to hard close the app than pressing cancel. The cancel button is guaranteed to lose the ribbons, hard closing the app will sometimes retain the ribbons, depending on the exact moment of the soft lock.