The Stashed Conundrum

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,285 Chairperson of the Boards
edited 26 February 2024, 17:59 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Hello!

The special chase for clues has been finished and our last spoiler for Murders at Karlov Mansion was revealed. We originally intended to distribute a free booster pack to all players who solved the case and submitted a correct answer through the link we provided. But as results were posted, we’ve received some reports of players saying their names were missing. So we started our investigation.

The clues: an unexpectedly low number of answers, players who knew the solution but whose name didn’t show at all in our data, no typos or errors reported. We reconstituted the facts and found a suspect: the final step in submitting the answer.

This may look like a final screen in the process, but it WASN'T! The subject has to click in the ‘Submit’ button so their answer is actually registered:

Maybe the appearances of the form foiled our detectives but this was never the intention! We’ll probably never know the real culprit here, but we can take actions to minimize any injustice that occurred.

ALL PLAYERS will receive a free booster pack of Murders at Karlov Mansion once the update 6.5.0 becomes available to all players.
As there is no way to correlate the timestamps for answers that were not received properly during this incident, the prize for the first 10 players that submitted the correct answer will be maintained as is.

The Ravnican Agency of Magicological Investigations is proud of the work you all did in bringing this gift to all Ravnicans (or players, in this case).
Murders at Karlov Manor is less than a fortnight away. Keep your eyes peeled.

Lu

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    edited 24 February 2024, 14:30
    Options

Hey, @Killroy!
    Deleted your post just because your email address was showing. Stay safe. ^^

We'll be looking into the email response and timing thing for the next events. Thanks for the info!

For those who haven't had the chance to read it, his original message was:

"Oh wow, yeah you said it yourself. Very misleading window to give players that I myself and many others failed to realize. Included is my time stamp below showing it would have been 2:39pm EST on February 22. Would like to know where that would have placed honestly. My email response remains empty. This is a fine example of something else that may need to be looked at, as the list of winners and mentikns was quite short. That means the majority made the same errors in the forms to submit. More clarity in such things would lead to less confusion."

• Killroy
    Killroy Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Magic:PQ Support Team said:
    Hey, @Killroy!
    Deleted your post just because your email address was showing. Stay safe. ^^

We'll be looking into the email response and timing thing for the next events. Thanks for the info!

For those who haven't had the chance to read it, his original message was:

"Oh wow, yeah you said it yourself. Very misleading window to give players that I myself and many others failed to realize. Included is my time stamp below showing it would have been 2:39pm EST on February 22. Would like to know where that would have placed honestly. My email response remains empty. This is a fine example of something else that may need to be looked at, as the list of winners and mentikns was quite short. That means the majority made the same errors in the forms to submit. More clarity in such things would lead to less confusion."

I had to edit the former post to Feb 19 at 2:39pm est, this copy has the unedited quote.

• NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    edited 26 February 2024, 04:33
    Options

Can’t wait! So ready for the new update!

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options

All Boosters and cards have been sent. Check your inboxes. ;)