Small Talk - 02/23/2024

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards
edited 23 February 2024, 23:28 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Hey, everyone!

This was a big week. Now that our spoiler season is coming to an end, it's time to discuss some other things that will come in the next release. :)

• We heard you saying that it'd be nice to have more ways to obtain the latest set and you know what? We agree. We've updated the rewards of Planechasing Fblthp and Colors of Magic and now they'll give packs from the latest set:

(The complete rewards info will come out with the 6.5.0 Release Notes)

• Oh, my bad. Did I say Colors of Magic? Yup, it's coming back! And, like every event we are revamping, with the new charges system: all of them upfront.

• Also coming back: Doomskar Claimants and Rise of Adventure.

• Finally, all Coalition Events will be changed to the new charges system.

Hope you all are as excited as I am about these changes. Now, I'll go back to my spreadsheets. After all, got a huge release to bring to you in less than two weeks. ;)

Lu

Comments

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This is awesome, thanks to you all at WC!

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options

Huge you say?
    Less than 2 weeks huh?
    Can't wait!

Recharge change is great for many people and the updated rewards is awesome for everyone!
    Much appreciated Lu.

• Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options

That’s incredible news and very much worth celebrating!

• Youzerfriendly
    Youzerfriendly Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    edited 24 February 2024, 15:26
    Options

Fblthp, A+.
    Charges, A+.
    Can't say I'm a fan of removing the only way to get PMA cards without spending gold, seeing as TotP gives you the most recent set as well. Personally, if like CoM to stay PMA, I prefer access to every set, albeit limitedly.

Unless the end rewards are still PMA. In which case that would be FANTASTIC, and an A++

• camo
    camo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

"... new charges system: all of them upfront.
    ... Finally, all Coalition Events will be changed to the new charges system."

This is the best news, finally after many years
    thank you so much, Webcore Dev Team!!!

Also excited to welcome Colors of Magic back! Look forward to those new rewards :>

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Are DC and RoA going to be an exciting new block format, or will they simply be sigh 2 more Legacy events on the pile?

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

with the new charges system: all of them upfront.

• Finally, all Coalition Events will be changed to the new charges system.

Love this! Thank you so much!

Did I say Colors of Magic? Yup, it's coming back!

Please tell us you are keeping the PMA pack at the end. If so, this is also fantastic!

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Janosik said:
    Are DC and RoA going to be an exciting new block format, or will they simply be sigh 2 more Legacy events on the pile?

Man, that would be fantastic. I would love to see them be block formats instead of yet another degenerate Legacy event.

• wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'm a bit mixed on block formats... Sure it would mean less chance of there being OmniHulk loops or whatever, but then what options to counter them get cut as well? Some newer players might have slim pickings of the sets for the given blocks, especially if they've focused on Standard and just have gained legacy cards as they've come from the odd booster here or there. Do they shell out gold for the allowed sets the week of the event to be able to compete? Does the Vault have the set packs even in it at the time? Just kinda thinking of how with a baby account of mine I tried some event that had set specific objectives, where the set wasn't even in the vault to properly do it. Managed to get a boast or mutate card eventually in the event progression rewards to work on the last node to do, but there was no guarantee of that happening. So again, just a little cautious of block events that weren't one before.

That thought though... Maybe the block restriction could be an optional thing to consider whenever teirs and matchmaking get revamped. Wanna block it up with a set limited card pool? You get put into this bracket/pool of players. Wanna be able to use anything in your collection such as the Sweet sweet sleep with the fishes or Authority of the Consuls or Murder? Then you are put together and fighting with these people. Maybe even a pool of Standard cards only? That might make some objectives kinda tricky though. Idk. Didn't really have enough experience with PvP matchmaking games when the convo was first brought up about changing up Puzzle Quest, though I appreciate it a bit more now.

In any case, revamping charges to more events sounds amazing! Keep up the good work, WebCore!

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options

All charges up front is just the best. This is great news.

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Janosik said:

This is a great suggestion. It will definitely make these events a lot more interesting.

• biosterous
    biosterous Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

echoing the above sentiments of "i love all of this except i would still like to get PMA cards from the final reward of CoM please"

• MforVendetta
    MforVendetta Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

I’m so excited for the charges update!!

• NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

Lu, You’re a lifesaver! I’m so grateful for your quick action on the charging systems. You listened to my request and made it happen. I can’t thank you enough. You’re the best!

• Blighted
    Blighted Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Janosik said:

Oh man! I am 1000% down for some block format. Also, DC is one of my favorites. The event supports are powerful enough to actually make it worth building around and the objectives require it.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just a small reminder that the free Booster from the investigation will be sent tomorrow, so that everybody's clients are updated. ;)

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

Thank you!