Players’ Council?

Options
Sarah
Sarah Posts: 83 Match Maker
edited 12 January 2024, 14:49 in MtGPQ General Discussion

I was chatting with one of the other mega-group leaders and we thought; wouldn’t it be neat if there were some sort of Players’ Council type of thing? A way for the devs to interact with members of the community and get proper feedback about the players’ experiences in the game.

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's up to the devs to be interested in it

• Jayarieldrillowup
    Jayarieldrillowup Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

As the Official Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest Loremaster for the FTA coalition family, I wholeheartedly approve of this message.

• Sarah
    Options

@Mainloop25 said:

Yeah, obviously. But I bet we could put together one heckuva focus group. Especially if we got the content creators and team recruiters involved.

• Sarah
    edited 12 January 2024, 01:09
    Options

@Jayarieldrillowup said:
    As the Official Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest Loremaster for the FTA coalition family, I wholeheartedly approve of this message.

Thanks, Jay! We could definitely use someone like you in the focus group because we don’t always hear from long-term casual players. Also, they’ve effed up some of the lore in the past and it’s pretty irritating so your encyclopedic knowledge of MtG lore would be super-useful!

• NerdThuggery
    NerdThuggery Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Sarah said:
    I was chatting with one of the other mega-group leaders and we thought; wouldn’t it be neat if there were some sort of Players’ Council type of thing? A way for the devs to interact with members of the community and get proper feedback about the players’ experiences in the game.

I'm in favor of this. I've invested enough time and resources into this great game, I have a vested interest in its growth and continued development.

• Sarah
    Options

@NerdThuggery absolutely you should help us. Your podcast has been so much fun to listen to. I bet you talk to a lot of players and have interesting insights to share... and effective ways to package those ideas!

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've made this suggestion a few times and yes ! 100% count me in. I think its an epic idea but one the devs have to embrace, for sure.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Sarah said:

@Mainloop25 said:

Yeah, obviously. But I bet we could put together one heckuva focus group. Especially if we got the content creators and team recruiters involved.

All I'm saying is let's not get too excited before we even hear if there is any interest from their side

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options

Count me in too, I agree 100%! I strongly believe such a council could have made a huge difference already.

• Sardis
    Sardis Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

I too would be interested in being considered for included on such a council. :)

Great idea! Hopefully the new devs can see the upside of unified player participation with the aim to help them improve the game even further.

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

Don't necessarily need to be in, but I support the idea. Channeling the power of the most enfranchised playerbase would be beneficial to the game long term, whilst also keeping an eye out for the vitality and longevity of the game through attracting and binding new players

• Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options

Some people just wanna feel like they are better than the rest of the players.
    Disappointed to see Goz so eager for the idea. Not surprised with Mainloop.

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Asylamb said:

You’re like the bitter Scrooge of these forums. Going out of your way to be disrespectful. Projecting much?

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Me showing up to join the Players Council

• gozmaster
    Options

Oh Man I forgot I asked for you opinion on this, Thanks man. Appreciate your feedback :wink:

Insert Smoochie face.

@Asylamb said:

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I appreciate all the content creators and their input (Goz, Nal, Main, Hunter, shteev etc). Veterans like Julie (rip) or Opperstamper just the same, so if they want to participate in this I'm all for it.

• gozmaster
    Options

Is it REALLY A council meeting if @Janosik isn't there? Missa Think Not.

• Asylamb
    Options

@gozmaster I appreciate the smoochie face.

• Asylamb
    Options

@Smokincookz what exactly am I supposed to be projecting?