Cloaked creatures.

Options

I have a question: do cloaked creatures reinforce? This led into a couple of avenues of confusion for me. And...if you cast two of the same creature as cloaked, are you able to pay each one's reveal cost and get a reinforced creature, each with it's own come into play effect? Or will it only reveal as a single creature, with only a single effect? AND...if you cast two different creatures as cloaked, do those two reinforce into the the same cloaked creature or two separate cloaked creatures? And if it's one reinforced cloaked creature, do they reveal separately or only once, as one of the two?
AND... anyone else notice how similar this mechanic is to morph from the onslaught block? Which would make an excellent choice for the next From The Vault set, right behind the best choice Mirrodin block and second best Mirage block ( I mean who doesn't love flanking?). But seriously guys, we need another From The Vault stat, right?

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    Options

@versemage said:
    I have a question: do cloaked creatures reinforce? This led into a couple of avenues of confusion for me. And...if you cast two of the same creature as cloaked, are you able to pay each one's reveal cost and get a reinforced creature, each with it's own come into play effect? Or will it only reveal as a single creature, with only a single effect? AND...if you cast two different creatures as cloaked, do those two reinforce into the the same cloaked creature or two separate cloaked creatures? And if it's one reinforced cloaked creature, do they reveal separately or only once, as one of the two?
    AND... anyone else notice how similar this mechanic is to morph from the onslaught block? Which would make an excellent choice for the next From The Vault set, right behind the best choice Mirrodin block and second best Mirage block ( I mean who doesn't love flanking?). But seriously guys, we need another From The Vault stat, right?

Can you elaborate and what you define as a "cloaked creature"?

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited 19 February 2024, 13:37
    Options

@Machine said:

@versemage said:

Can you elaborate and what you define as a "cloaked creature"?

It's a new mechanic in the upcoming set. Spoilers are in some videos from GozMaster and Mainloop. It reminds of the old paper Magic "Morph" mechanic.