Our beloved bug-catcher, Julie, has passed away.

Options

We found out a short time ago and I’m still reeling. This game will never be the same.

She always went out of her way to tell me about any bugs affecting coalition events and worked so diligently gathering bug reports. She did so much to ease the frustrations of players who experienced issues with the game and made them feel heard in a way that customer support did not.

I never met her but she was my friend. I’ll miss her sense of humor and her funny jokes. I’ll miss the way she sent me pictures of her pets to cheer me up when I was feeling down. I’ll miss her so much.

I’m so grateful that I don’t have to grieve alone.

Comments

• Killroy
    Killroy Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited 14 February 2024, 04:00
    Options

This was a beautiful person that shared her compassion and love for the community that is MTGPQ. It's never easy to never share another smile, a laugh, or a hug with good people such as her. My condolences to all of our MTGPQ community, and to her family and loved ones, and please give all their appropriate time to heal from this loss.

Rest in Heaven Julie, you will be missed greatly...

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Really a shocking and heartbreaking loss to the community. There's never gonna be a way to replace her, but I hope that someone follows in her footsteps and dedicates themselves to improving the game the way she did.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    Options

What a shock! I can't believe this... such a cornerstone figure... gone. I've had several private talks with her. Very loving person, talked with pride about her grand daughter and loved the game. She will be dearly missed. This will also be a major setback for the game. Rest in peace, Julie! We can all be glad to have known you, even if it wasn't in person.

• souki12
    souki12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options

What a sad day. The game and the MTGPQ community have lost one of the most dedicated and passionate player. Julie has done so much for all of us. She will be greatly missed. Rest in peace, J.

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
  • Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

RIP Julie. The community will miss you.

• LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options

My heart goes to her family, friends, loved ones. I am sure she was as passionate and devoted in life as she was to this game and this community, she will be missed greatly. Rest in Peace Julie, and keep catching those bugs in a better place.

• SpookyBih
    SpookyBih Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

A card memorializing Julie would be incredible. RIP Julie. I'm sorry we didn't talk more, but I can tell how loved you were just from the comments here and all the coalitions changing their names to honor you.

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Julie was instrumental in catching so many bugs and letting players know of issues mid event. She truly cared about the game as a whole. From the newest player to the oldest player. From the smallest coalition to the biggest. She will be sorely missed. The few times we talked, I thoroughly enjoyed our conversations.

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Extremely sad to hear this. I didn't personally know her, but we crossed paths on the forums here or there, mostly when I was at my peak of reporting bugs. She was on another level.
    I was always awestruck by her extreme dedication, and was always glad to answer any questions she had about my reports.

Definitely a legendary hero for this community, and I wish all her friends and loved ones solace.
    Rest easy Julie.