Support Shards For Rank 5 Supports

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker

We're in the process of implementing an update for Rank 5 Supports that acquire support shards. This change would see the acquired Supports Shards converted at a 2:1 ratio into Wildcard Support Shards and will be implemented in R296.

If you have recently been affected by this scenario, please reach out to customer service and we will manually retroactively convert your shards into Wildcard Support Shards using the 2:1 calculation.

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,054 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Misread post. Thought it said require

So if I had say 300 shards on a level 5 I would get 600 wildcard (wildcard means random right or do we pick where they go )

Also do we need to give you the names of each support or just write in and say we have some.

Thanks

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'll let S0kun confirm, but I'm pretty sure your hypothetical 300 shards would become 150 wildcard shards, not 600.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,054 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Man misreading everything today

Thanks

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How does it work now? If we pull a dupe of a support we have at rank 5 I thought those shards go to the wildcard already.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    How does it work now? If we pull a dupe of a support we have at rank 5 I thought those shards go to the wildcard already.

This is not the same as pulling a dupe R5. This is specific to having a R5 Support and THEN getting support shards for it. So if you pulled 200 support shards for that owned R5 support, you'd get a 2 (Support Shard):1 (Wildcard Support Shard) conversion = 100 WC Shards.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How would that scenario come about? Like I have a lvl 4 support favorited and pull in more shards than I need to level up?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    How would that scenario come about? Like I have a lvl 4 support favorited and pull in more shards than I need to level up?

If you have a Rank 5 Fantasticar and pulled the 100 Shards from the Fantasticar vault, for example.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,977 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

If you have a Rank 5 Fantasticar and pulled the 100 Shards from the Fantasticar vault, for example.

But you can also get them as an overshoot in the manner ThaRoadWarrior described.

Will those now also get converted into Wildcard shards at at the 2:1 ration?

KGB

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,425 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It’s wild they expect people to track things like this.

They expect the customers to have better logs than them.

This is a borked policy, and they should toss stuff to users who pulled with maxed supports.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

How do you level up a support when you have enough shards? I’ve tried clicking on everything and nothing is happening.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Jinx said:
    How do you level up a support when you have enough shards? I’ve tried clicking on everything and nothing is happening.

Make sure it’s leveled up to the max possible level first.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

Ah. I bet that’s it.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

Has anyone gotten CS to award wild card shards for this issue? I have yet to get any response other than the customary auto reply. Is there a delay due to bad math?

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun said:
    We're in the process of implementing an update for Rank 5 Supports that acquire support shards. This change would see the acquired Supports Shards converted at a 2:1 ratio into Wildcard Support Shards and will be implemented in R296.

If you have recently been affected by this scenario, please reach out to customer service and we will manually retroactively convert your shards into Wildcard Support Shards using the 2:1 calculation.

I recently had the following scenario: I had a Rank 3 support that I was accumulating shards for, and had made quite some progress already with the bonus shards feature, about 600/900 towards rank 4 if I remember correctly. Then I pulled a rank 5 of that same support. Of course I was excited about that, but on the other side it also meant the weeks I had spent with that support as favourite felt completely 'wasted'. Is this scenario eligible for wildcard shards, too?

And, is this kind of situation also covered by this feature update you're hinting towards?

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is this going to be retro rewarded as well?

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

The support-specific "packs", such as those for Hope Summers on offer in PQ right now, aren't rewarding shards?

I have Hope at 5* lvl 250... when I opened the rewards, they paid rIso, no shards.

See, no mention of shards:

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 9 February 2024, 18:17
    Options

So I just hit the 50 shards in pvp for the Royal Talon Fighter, and I have a 5* RTF already. I didn't notice how these got re-distributed (if they even did) because there was no additional messaging to indicate something happened. Should these have gone into my chosen Favorite support at whatever the trade off ratio is? I didn't make a point to check my Purple power stone before hitting that reward level so I'm not really sure if they added to it or not. It kind of looks a bit like they didn't go anywhere, because i have an amount of shards on the purple stone ending in 0, and this should have given me 25 shards at the 2:1 conversion.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    So I just hit the 50 shards in pvp for the Royal Talon Fighter, and I have a 5* RTF already. I didn't notice how these got re-distributed (if they even did) because there was no additional messaging to indicate something happened. Should these have gone into my chosen Favorite support at whatever the trade off ratio is? I didn't make a point to check my Purple power stone before hitting that reward level so I'm not really sure if they added to it or not. It kind of looks a bit like they didn't go anywhere, because i have an amount of shards on the purple stone ending in 0, and this should have given me 25 shards at the 2:1 conversion.

Unfortunately, R296 has not been released yet, so the automatic fix is not in place. Should be early next week.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Ah, right on. I submitted a ticket