Advice on which 5 to finish next

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 2,976 Chairperson of the Boards

Here's the list of my uncovered 5's with the number of covers I have (includes 500 shards as a cover)

Adam Warlock - 12
Bearded Cap - 12
Odin - 11
Onslaught - 8 (with 4 in green)
Surfer - 11
Spiderman (Back in Black) - 12
Archangel - 10
Cyclops - 9
Elektra - 6
Gambit - 8
Goblin - 9
Jeffrey - 10
Killmonger - 9
Sinister - 10
Ronan - 7
Ultron - 8

Note: Latest aren't finished yet but I am well on track to finish them before they leave.

So which of the above should I target to finish next?

KGB

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

I was in a similar predicament so I ended up targeting my most unbalanced cover distribution characters first. So I would suggest Onslaught.

One other character would be Elektra. Of all the ones listed, she is a huge pain in the butt to play against.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

With just one more cover for Spiderman (Back in Black), he would be a good one for all of the wonderful nodes in PvE that have Grocket or Mindless ones that start out with strike tiles. Set his purple passive to 5, and it doesn't matter how much they're boosted. Each one only does 1 extra damage to you. Plus a 5-star stun is never a bad thing.

If his purple is already at 5, Onslaught would be the one I'd recommend boosting. Favoriting his 3-star (Thor) and 4-star (Gorr) feeders will help fill in his covers quickly.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

I agree with Borstock.
    Adam Warnock would be 5th, for me.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Haha, @Borstock has the correct list

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

Now that Ultron has the AI boost and R&G is ascendable, I would focus on Ultron. Those two boosting ORs passive is great for clears.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why are you guys using Ultron over Kitty in that team? Or even another gaurdian? My rocket is ascended, so using a random Gaurdian gives you a start of match boost to the strikes of 4,039. Ultron adds 1,060 to a single strike starting on turn 2. My Kitty is 472, and starting on turn 2 she adds 750 each to 5 tiles every turn, so that’s 3750 total. Ascended Nico is even better, adding 890 to every strike on the board. Ultron is pretty much the worst booster going unless I’m missing something?

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Why are you guys using Ultron over Kitty in that team? Or even another gaurdian? My rocket is ascended, so using a random Gaurdian gives you a start of match boost to the strikes of 4,039. Ultron adds 1,060 to a single strike starting on turn 2. My Kitty is 472, and starting on turn 2 she adds 750 each to 5 tiles every turn, so that’s 3750 total. Ascended Nico is even better, adding 890 to every strike on the board. Ultron is pretty much the worst booster going unless I’m missing something?

Problem with Rocket is that half his tiles get matched away almost immediately. Ultron with the support keeps the damage from those and spreads it among the other strikes. He keeps producing strikes as well. I am 9 covers away from ascending Nico. I figure once I do that, I’ll use her instead of OR. Lose the passive, but it will be a rainbow team and the strikes will be massive.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

Boardshake = partner for MThor/Sangchi/Apoc/Px5/etc..
    = Onslaught

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Problem with Rocket is that half his tiles get matched away almost immediately. Ultron with the support keeps the damage from those and spreads it among the other strikes. He keeps producing strikes as well. I am 9 covers away from ascending Nico. I figure once I do that, I’ll use her instead of OR. Lose the passive, but it will be a rainbow team and the strikes will be massive.

But Rocket with the support does the same.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@Jinx said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Nico/rocket/juggernaut all ascended is faster than Omega Red because you get the AOE on everything Juggernaut tanks rather than just at start of turn, so a cascade is ruthless. I'm just waiting on iso to ascend Polaris, but she seems like she would be better than at least one member of that team; maybe rocket himself. But that feature of the AI support distributing lost power among the remainder sounds pretty good, except that it must be a friendly match that does it, not an enemy Thor destroying it for you. I haven't pulled in that support yet so I really can't speak on it from experience relative to those other character configurations I already have available.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Jinx said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

But Rocket with the support does the same.

yeah you can put low level ai on any character, and that's not the synergy perk, so there really is no advantage to going with Ultron there in regards to strike tile production. It really seems like something you'd want to apply to Polaris, or maybe somebody like Carbage or Banner who are doing multi-matches every turn.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,424 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 January 2024, 16:17
    Options

Warlock first since he is so close.
    Then onslaught, killmonger, and whoever else. I would recommend gambit who is very good after his rework.

Killmonger is an absolute murderer when he’s boosted.
    Onslaught is legit.
    Gambit when boosted wrecks SheThor so he is semi useful.
    All the others are mid target the rest in order of covers.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

I'm sorta in the mindset of champing the closest ones in order. None of those characters are very useful unless boosted, and even then there are usually as least one other boosted 5 that is better. I have almost all of those champed, and I can't tell you the last time I used any of them. Maybe Gambit when he was boosted, as mentioned... He can wreck mthor. Killmonger is only good against crit creators, and only when boosted. I'm pretty down on the entire list to be fair. But I'm also assuming that you must have all the best characters champed already, and that's why your list looks the way it does?

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Onslaught has good synergy with MThor+Shang Chi and is a counter of sorts to Okoye.

Plus he looks ridiculous and is fun to play.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,976 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MgoBlue51 said:
    I'm sorta in the mindset of champing the closest ones in order.

That was my thought too but then I realized ones with 12 covers will finish easily via a feeder (at most can be 20 levels away and on average 10 or less).

That's why I asked because I'd rather finish ones that are semi useful in certain situations. I'm going with Borstocks list unless someone makes a strong argument for a different order.

KGB

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

If I'm not mistaken, you are a competitive player so go with Borstock's suggestions. If your goal is to champ them all, It would be best to champ the ones at 12 covers first. You'll complete more of them in a short period, thus decreasing the number of 5* in need of attention and resources.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 February 2024, 08:16
    Options

I'd also factor in whether you're a Classics-only puller. The faster you champ all the 5s the better because on average, every other 5 pulled is another pull. That stacks up well for bonus shards, through where much of the progress will be gained, but also a diminishing chance of getting "no rewards at all" by pulling a cover for a non-champed character.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

I agree with others saying Onslaught.

I'll also suggest Surfer ... always good to have a guy that can't be stunned onside, and he heals, and his #s have been upped. He is the oldest, yes, but he's FAR from the most left behind right now.*

3rd thought ... consider just targets them in reverse order of covers, let event rewards and feeders and bonus shards finish those with 11 or 12 covers.

I am down to 12 myself, had quite a list 6 months ago, close to 30. Now down to 12. CHamped Big Wheel yesterday, he had been my lowest at 4 covers. Hooray. The 12 left average 3 covers to go, IIRC, so ... getting there ... not bad esp considering I had missed 15 releases!!!

• On that front ... c'mon devs, finishing updating the old 5s, and then buff them all 1 every season going forward, to keep them more evergreen!