How about.. .

Options

Daily shard-offers for supports?
I'm open to spend a few hp for support-shards.

Comments

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've always wished the game would give out 'traditional' experience points (XP). Even if it was just giving you 1 shard (or 0.1 shard) each time you used a character or a support in a winning battle. If you use the same team ten thousand times per year, they should be improving with practice, right?

True, opening tokens will reward shards, but you typically don't have your 2-3 go-to characters and their 2-3 supports favorited at all times. I'm usually trying to champ the new latest, greatest thing - which is probably something I'm not currently using because it's under-leveled.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    I've always wished the game would give out 'traditional' experience points (XP). Even if it was just giving you 1 shard (or 0.1 shard) each time you used a character or a support in a winning battle. If you use the same team ten thousand times per year, they should be improving with practice, right?

True, opening tokens will reward shards, but you typically don't have your 2-3 go-to characters and their 2-3 supports favorited at all times. I'm usually trying to champ the new latest, greatest thing - which is probably something I'm not currently using because it's under-leveled.

They can't do that.
    People would hit the easy nodes in PVE 24/7 to level up.
    We've been there with tapping.
    They don't want their players killing themselves, it's kinda bad publicity.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I spent 50 HP on the day's lightning deal, got 100 shards for my 4 and the LD vault gave me 100 shards for my faved support (RTF).

That's probably the best you can hope for (RNG's blessings) other than directly buying a much smaller number of shards at one time with HP.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Said it ages back that you should get shards for the first time only using a character each day. Like how you get the token for using 5* Deadpool or whale points on 3*.

Rewarded for using your full roster but not exploitable by excessive node repeats - yeah sure you can do it over and over again so your entire roster gets a small bonus but if we we were just talking 10 shards (or anything else small) then fair play to those who want to spend all that time for minimal increases.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@meadowsweet said:

They can't do that.
    People would hit the easy nodes in PVE 24/7 to level up.
    We've been there with tapping.
    They don't want their players killing themselves, it's kinda bad publicity.

Sure, but there are solutions to every obstacle. You could just tie the support & character shards to the points value of the node. You can get full shard value four times one day, wait ~24 hours, hit it once for nearly full value, once for 2/3 value, once for 1/3 value, ~6x every 24 hours, just like they do points for progression & placement.

But again, I'm just playing make-believe for something that isn't going to happen.