Trying to decide which 4* I should try to focus on to ascend first? Who is more worthwhile as a 5*?

Options

Trying to decide which 4* I should try to focus on to ascend first? Who is more worthwhile as a 5*? 23 votes

4*-->5* America Chavez
39%
T_REZ5000Phumadebonny79revskiphelix72StillMonsoon3dianeticsEienRyuuTpsimoes 9 votes
4*-->5* Rocket & Groot
60%
KolenceCHRISJNMoosePrimeCrowlbluewolfprimetime21turbomooseBorstockPtahhotepSt_Bernadusjp1skittledaddyGrizwaldZarqa 14 votes

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4*-->5* Rocket & Groot

Rocket and Groot's strike tiles get a great boost with the ascension.

America's critical tile generation is unaffected by ascension.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 January 2024, 17:32
    Options
    4*-->5* Rocket & Groot

America's big thing is the crit tile generation, which she does for AP gain and match damage, but the match damage is typically for her partners, not her. As such, she's pretty much just as effective at 4* levels as she is at 5* levels. Maybe she stays upright a little longer with the extra health, but that's about it.

I'd go with Rocket and Groot.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4*-->5* Rocket & Groot

You can test with the current apocalypse boss event how rng strikes are good being an ascended 5. Pair him with Gorr and Goose and see them synergize..

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4*-->5* America Chavez

Rocket groot is better if your new to the 5* tier. You'll need and rely on those strike tiles for most of your damage.

America is better if you have over 50-75% the 5* tier champed. Once your best team is over 480 range, then crit tile generation is gonna be way more important than 15,000 strike damage

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Rocket will make you an easy target for the 395 million players who ascended their Polaris.
    If you play PVP, ascend Chavez.
    If you play PVE, ascend Rocket.

• Borstock
    Options
    4*-->5* Rocket & Groot

@Bowgentle said:
    Rocket will make you an easy target for the 395 million players who ascended their Polaris.
    If you play PVP, ascend Chavez.
    If you play PVE, ascend Rocket.

Running either one in PvP gets you hit if they're left out on defense. I don't see the difference there.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Sure, in our MMR.
    Not sure about lower tiers where it might be common to only have Polaris... Maybe?
    I have no idea about lower rosters.

• Borstock
    Options
    4*-->5* Rocket & Groot

Not sure why you're making recommendations about a scenario you admit to having "no idea" about. But okay.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Why not? Everyone else in this thread is, too.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4*-->5* Rocket & Groot

Key point: OP needs to talk more about game goals, roster, what modes they play.

My gut says their roster is very shallow with a few key toons built up.

Rocket probably is slightly faster in getting through matches and will help you in pve more regardless of who you have to run with him. America is more dependent on the rest of your team (having boosted 5s for example, which can vary a lot week to week).

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    edited 9 January 2024, 17:17
    Options
    4*-->5* Rocket & Groot

Is neither not the correct choice? Grocket does not feed anyone and America feeds Jessica Jones which might be subject to change. Both are perfectly fine as good 4s.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:
    Is neither not the correct choice? Grocket does not feed anyone and America feeds Jessica Jones which might be subject to change. Both are perfectly fine as good 4s.

Counterpoint: I'd much rather have ascended 5* Rocket (who is awesome) than whatever mediocre future 5* they might feed.

(Also they're going to cave on the feeder policy.)

• ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    Key point: OP needs to talk more about game goals, roster, what modes they play.

My gut says their roster is very shallow with a few key toons built up.

Rocket probably is slightly faster in getting through matches and will help you in pve more regardless of who you have to run with him. America is more dependent on the rest of your team (having boosted 5s for example, which can vary a lot week to week).

I'm a long-time player. 48 5* champions. But I'm more casual these days. Mostly PVE, some PVP. Mostly play PVE for progression. Leaning more towards R&G at this point based on responses.

• Bowgentle
    Options

For PVE, 300% Rocket.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4*-->5* Rocket & Groot

FWIW I ascended Grocket with no regrets and still have not ascended America. But my America dupe is much nearer max than Grocket's dupe was.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    For PVE, 300% Rocket.

I haven’t ascended Rocket. What are his best teams in pve? Is he faster than Gorr/Omega/Okoye?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@Bowgentle said:
    For PVE, 300% Rocket.

I haven’t ascended Rocket. What are his best teams in pve? Is he faster than Gorr/Omega/Okoye?

He's not faster yet but I can see him being faster at 550.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@Bowgentle said:
    For PVE, 300% Rocket.

He's not faster yet but I can see him being faster at 550.

Is it the classic, juggernaut, rocket, guardian team, that you see him being faster on?

• Bowgentle
    Options

That or Polaris instead of a Guardian, with a low level AI on someone.
    That has the potential to be crazy fast at high levels.