The Ultimate Planeswalk Rewards are very misleading and Disappointing

Options

When I see a reward for a Masterpiece Standard card at 60 points, I'm going to presume it's non duplicate (which it was) but I'm also going to presume it includes cards from the newest set, especially around Christmas. I am a whale and have spent over 15k on this game and like many other people am up to date having all the legacy cards and all the standard cards up to the current set, except perhaps all of the newest set that was just released. There are so many useless rewards and events in this game for people like myself who have spent a ton, and yet here we get a masterpiece pack that doesn't include the newest set. Way to pay us back for spending so much money and playing for so long by giving us a card from a previous set we already own for some mana orbs we'll never use, not to mention 2 legacy packs that everyone except the newest players need cards from. To top things off, I stayed up until 7 am to do the event and build my decks precisely to win all 6 fights from the initial 1 fight per node, thinking I'll get the masterpiece card upon doing so, just to see at the end when the objective revealed that I must win with at least 2 different planeswalkers, requiring me to wait for the 8 hour refresh, at which point I could just win from any of the other nodes to get the points, and then the masterpiece card turns out to be from every standard set except the new Ixalan. Is this some sort of cruel joke? Feels like straight up disrespect. PS. The new holiday card is absolute trash, and why are they always Legacy only. We want to use "New" cards in standard.

Comments

• WulFgaR77
    WulFgaR77 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

It was a sad experience when I accidentally opened MP booster and see orbs :neutral: I didn't notice that booster is only up to WOE first.

• Psychomachia
    Psychomachia Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2023
    Options

I came here to say something very similar. When the pack is called "Masterpiece Booster (Standard)", stating it contains guaranteed non-duplicates, it should be safe to assume that it works exactly as the name suggests, meaning it should contain all masterpieces from ALL CURRENT STANDARD SETS. Oh, how I was mistaken... What a sad experience that was.

• ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The pack stated exactly which sets were contained within it, just like all the other standard non dupe packs. Whether it's intentional or not to exclude the newest set is another question, but it's not like the pack itself was misleading. I know the non-dupe standard packs from VIP were missing LCI, so it's possible this event got overlooked when they fixed that issue.

• Psychomachia
    Psychomachia Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

@ambrosio191 said:
    The pack stated exactly which sets were contained within it, just like all the other standard non dupe packs. Whether it's intentional or not to exclude the newest set is another question, but it's not like the pack itself was misleading. I know the non-dupe standard packs from VIP were missing LCI, so it's possible this event got overlooked when they fixed that issue.

The content list of the booster was not misleading at all, that's correct. The disappointment, for many people I'm sure, came with the realisation that LCI was/is not part of its contents.

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would've preferred the original MP booster from last year over this reward. This was teased as an "upgraded" reward but it really isn't an upgrade.

• wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options

@khurram said:
    I would've preferred the original MP booster from last year over this reward. This was teased as an "upgraded" reward but it really isn't an upgrade.

If it was the old 6 Masterpiece reward, it could have saved a newer player (or account) from doing 6 extra runs of Battles from the Ages (or whatnot) event.

Don't get me wrong, it was nice to run Ultimate Planeswalk again, but in the future for future new players, UP could maybe mix both rewards. For the accounts I had when UP was first run, Sliver Queen has become a staple in a lot of Legacy Kasmina builds for her spellbooked Mascot Exhibition to fuel, and the Sliver fits in well with other walkers when a token and/or support strategy is needed, especially if able to run something like Serpentine Ambush or Relic's Roar to buff the Sliver tokens for a turn or so. Do I use many of the other UP masterpieces? ... Eh. From time to time, if they are helpful for an objective. But the option for newer players to get the cards all together, or for Intermediate players to get a nice boost in their orbs count - Those are points for the old final reward if UP ever comes around again periodically.

Though, Standard masterpieces aren't necessarily useless as well. Not everybody has complete Standard collections, shocking as that may seem - more likely if they are playing FTP, which shouldn't be a wrong option for the health of the game. Knocking off what may have been a 400 jewel purchase or so, it can help.

But yeah, not missing that the rewards currently given didn't include cards from LCIxalan. Kinda came here to check if true. Guess they are packs for me to hold onto, incase somehow the game adds gifting packs to others. Maybe a mix of the different rewards could be sorta like JumpStart's choice of card packs but at the end of it instead: Maybe a choice between the Promo Masterpiece pack (maybe of all 6 cards would be ideal for that one), a Standard Masterpiece pack (whether or not lastest set at the time is included I guess is up for debate, but maybe includes like one to three cards), and maybe something completely different (a PMA pack, or a non-dupe vanguard pack, IDK go wild?). We may all be Planewalkers in this, but that doesn't mean we all go for the same things. So maybe options.