Oh god, not this again - Red iso 8!

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    If they were going for an inscrutable algorithm, then they win. I'm at 230 pts and am 663rd. The Bullseye mission I haven't done yet dropped to 89 points. The cold combat and Greenland ops missions (also not done) dropped to 51 pts.

I don't know if I should do more or wait or what.

I remember the good old days when I looked forward to pve.
  • Does anyone also notice that the progression rewards are completely neutered? They kinda suck this time around.
  • Sooty wrote:
    Does anyone also notice that the progression rewards are completely neutered? They kinda suck this time around.

Agreed, so I was looking forward to a new character but that looks unlikely unless something drastic happens tomorrow. Right now I'm about 100 out of first place with nothing coming from the repeatables.

• I remember the good old days when I looked forward to pve.

I don't know why they even felt like they needed to change the way they were doing things. The way the first Unstable Iso PvE event was with the static points was good and didn't need changing.
  • I missed the event the first time, so I'm happy I get to see the cut scenes. Progression rewards look pretty bad and placement rewards look worse, except for the hp, which I'm not bothering with because I don't have time for repeatables.
    Invisible woman doesn't interest me.
  • Oh no, it's 3 am in my time zone when this end.
  • Just got Spidey, so I've already got what I came for.

There's no rubberbanding as far as I can tell. Waited till I was #950 out of 1000 and missions reward the same.
  • I hope the missions become more difficult with each reset. That's probably the only way for me to advance at this point. Does anyone remember if they did that last time?
  • Just got Spidey, so I've already got what I came for.

There's no rubberbanding as far as I can tell. Waited till I was #950 out of 1000 and missions reward the same.

There's some kind of rubberbanding. The Bullseye mission is now up to 94. I've dropped to 690th (haven't played any more missions).
  • Yeah I'll give up the grind I think. Even getting all three covers wouldn't probably be used for a long long time.

Frankly, my favourite aspect if this tourney, though I always enjoy PvE and like the red iso story conversations, is that I can buy a guaranteed Spidey cover to keep mine advancing. The venom tourney was great for hp, so I had some to spend.
  • Did all the missions, got all the rewards from the repeatable hammer, got 2/4 or 3/4 for Yelena, was somewhere in top 15 when I went out. I come back and I'm 200+. Have I landed myself in a hardcore bracket? Nope, rubberbanding is just making missions worth more to those who do them later. Options are:
      They are going to fix this, and
      If I farm early, I can do nothing later and nobody will catch me anyways. If I farm late, I won't catch anyone if they fix this.
    Or they're not going to fix this, and
      If I farm early it'll be a huge waste of time, burning myself out on hours of what will take minutes or seconds by the end. If I wait a few days to farm, I win.

So pretty good odds of getting screwed either way. I'll do each mission, and maybe farm the repeatable missions to 4/4, but pass on spending any time on this rank grind.
  • It says right there in the popup "Sue Storm goes to the race winners". This is clearly a marathon but those who started it at a sprint have apparently already exhausted themselves. icon_redface.gif

Sorry guys, the scoring sounds ridiculous, I haven't even joined yet. Sounds like the best thing is to farm it for ISO and mission rewards and forget about placement rewards. You know, like the PvE prologues. Forget that there are other people competing, that a new cover is at stake. If it's like all the other new cover introductions I've seen, the same ones will be available in the next weekly tourney, with smaller brackets and no bugged scoring.
  • Updated OP with new info as I've seen it.
  • #2 in my bracket with 510 points. On purposely not being #1 for when the missions refresh.

So far with the 200% cap...missions are ridiculously easy.
  • Does anyone have any incite on the scoring system? It seems to punish... well, everyone.
  • I'm pretty sure it's not showing the rubberbanded point values until after you complete the mission the first time. I don't think anyone is actually winning increased points for the once-only missions.

Also, what I'm seeing on the repeatables is not the score I get when I complete them. For example, it says 29 points going in, but I win 25 points coming out and then the mission says it's worth 25.

The one-time mission with the purple Spidey cover, where you could also win 50HP, a heroic token, or 500 ISO? The RNG hates me. At least I got to FB share the 500 ISO.
  • I guess we'll see how much the RNG hates me. So far I've missed 3 shots at a purple spidey cover.
  • Wait, Zathrus says he sees higher point values on the Bullseye mission that he hasn't completed yet. So I guess it *is* possible to get more out of the one-time missions.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    I guess we'll see how much the RNG hates me. So far I've missed 3 shots at a purple spidey cover.

Theres 3 shots? i thought it was just juggs/venom.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    I guess we'll see how much the RNG hates me. So far I've missed 3 shots at a purple spidey cover.

Theres 3 shots? i thought it was just juggs/venom.
    The first Red Iso 8 series had Purple spidey covers as a drop chance from 3 of the resets.