99 Turn Countdown tile on the board...99 turn countdown on the board!

Options
sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

You take a turn, bash in some goons...98 turn tile countdown on the board!

Vision's the required 3-star in the latest run of Venom Bomb. I'm using my ascended 4-star Vision. I got enough blue to fire off his Density: Heavy, and I was greeted with a 99 turn countdown.

His character thread hasn't been written in since 2015, so I figured I'd be more likely to get an answer here. Was that change for his ascended character ever announced? And how soon before Kang utterly obliterates someone with his purple and doing 100K+ damage because of said tile?

Tagged:

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

@sambrookjm said:

Vision's the required 3-star in the latest run of Venom Bomb. I got enough blue to fire off his Density: Heavy, and I was greeted with a 99 turn countdown.

His character thread hasn't been written in since 2015, so I figured I'd be more likely to get an answer here. When did that happen? And how soon before Kang utterly obliterates someone with his purple and doing 100K+ damage because of said tile?

Is your Vision ascended? It’s probably a bug related to that. Either way, great synergy with Kang. I forgot about that power, so good call!

My Kang is level 498 (and rising daily with this December deals vault). Currently he does 1670 to 2506 damage per. So 165,330 to 248,094 with a Vision tile out.

• sambrookjm
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@sambrookjm said:

Vision's the required 3-star in the latest run of Venom Bomb. I got enough blue to fire off his Density: Heavy, and I was greeted with a 99 turn countdown.

His character thread hasn't been written in since 2015, so I figured I'd be more likely to get an answer here. When did that happen? And how soon before Kang utterly obliterates someone with his purple and doing 100K+ damage because of said tile?

Is your Vision ascended? It’s probably a bug related to that. Either way, great synergy with Kang. I forgot about that power, so good call!

Just edited my original post because I noticed I was using the 4-star Ascended Vision. He's not a character I usually use... :)

And yes, Kang's Purple does LOTS of damage with that countdown out. The game can't show "100" on a countdown tile, as I tried it out. That Commander never knew what hit him. :)

• sambrookjm
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    My Kang is level 498 (and rising daily with this December deals vault). Currently he does 1670 to 2506 damage per. So 165,330 to 248,094 with a Vision tile out.

Kang's purple adds 1 to all of the countdown tiles on the board, so it's a nice even x100 multiplier if you cast Vision's ability and follow it right up with Kang's, assuming that's the only countdown tile on the board.

Next step - See what happens when you cast Kang's purple twice, moving the countdown up to 101. Then (assuming there's anyone left...have to be a wave or a SCL10 Challenge Node) see if it ticks back down to 99 after a couple of turns.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

Welp, I guess we'll see a lot of Kang in the Made Man PVP then.

Edit: yellow is the same duration.