TWO Dr. Strange Stores?

Options
Borstock
Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards

Really? There are two special stores open and they BOTH feature Dr. Strange? This is bordering on self-parody, at this point.

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options

The problem I have with this is he's getting a rebalance. You're pulling for a character who is going to be different(for better or worse) a month from now.

Full disclosure, I made 80 pulls yesterday from the Strange, Prof X and JJ store knowing about the rebalance as well as The Hunters release store trio. But I needed JJ covers and wanted Prof X off 450.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Load up now before his rework because he could become meta... :)

KGB

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm hoping he can punish charged tile characters, something like takes 4 charged tiles a turn increasing his powers by a percentage.
    I say this for selfish reasons as I'm so bored or riri/shang/jane

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    The problem I have with this is he's getting a rebalance. You're pulling for a character who is going to be different(for better or worse) a month from now.

This is an excellent point. Not only is he in two stores, but we don't even know what he's going to be in a month.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Won’t he get another vault after rework as well?

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Really? There are two special stores open and they BOTH feature Dr. Strange? This is bordering on self-parody, at this point.

It is a fitting end to 2023, then, as the year which pushed the Spiderverse beyond parody levels! ^_^
    I hope his rework is a good one (hard to see how it can't be an improvement given his punitive damage was low to start off with & hasn't kept pace at all), but also that he takes a spell on the bench after it + I'm guessing a new What If costume.
    Though it would be hard not to applaud the brass neck were Doctor Strange Supreme to instead show up as the first 6* character - reveal it has been a secret feeder strategy, years in the making!

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@TheVulture said:

@Borstock said:

It is a fitting end to 2023, then, as the year which pushed the Spiderverse beyond parody levels! ^_^
    I hope his rework is a good one (hard to see how it can't be an improvement given his punitive damage was low to start off with & hasn't kept pace at all), but also that he takes a spell on the bench after it + I'm guessing a new What If costume.
    Though it would be hard not to applaud the brass neck were Doctor Strange Supreme to instead show up as the first 6* character - reveal it has been a secret feeder strategy, years in the making!

6* Strange will be the symbiote version.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@TheVulture said:

@Borstock said:

Let's hope they at the very least offer a costume for his rebalance: Symbiote Strange! Dr. Venom? we are STRANGE!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

One for the week and one for Sunday Best!

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options

All he really needs is a numbers bump and it would be cool if his purple worked more like Hela’s red, except that it turns enemy tiles into attack tiles. Would increase synergy with his buddy Wong, producing the only SAP tile Wong can’t.

• amigopdude22
    amigopdude22 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@MegaBee said:

@TheVulture said:

@Borstock said:

Let's hope they at the very least offer a costume for his rebalance: Symbiote Strange! Dr. Venom? we are STRANGE!

I would love this one if they do it.