Facebook Login Issue - what are the ramifications?

Options

Since the last update, the game keeps prompting me to connect with Facebook, but then gives me an error message "App not Active".
So presumably my "backup using facebook" isn't happening, but as a non-techie can someone explain what this means to me?
I mainly play on an ipad, but sometimes use my iphone.
I can still play the game on the ipad, and it seems to be remembering changes to my roster, so is there any cause for concern?
I am currently avoiding logging on with the iphone, as I am worried that this will log me out of my ipad, and I will lose progress since the last Facebook backup.
Are my fears unfounded?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Use your Apple ID.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Your local install is fine. The backup is for when you use another different device, it will sync up to the last match finished.

Not having a cloud backup isn't an issue if its only 1 or 2 weeks, but for sure it needs to be addressed in some form or fashion.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Try Facebook app, that works excellent for me

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle
    I also use an old android device for purchases only, to avoid the apple tax, so presumably can't use the apple id, or I would lose the purchases?

@Chrynos1989
    It seems to be the Facebook app that isn't working. I believe that is what is being referred to by the "App not Active" message.