Marvel Puzzle Quest R293 Release Notes (Week of Dec 18, 2023)

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker

“Never Alone…”

• The Midnight Suns have taken over MPQ! Check out exclusive costumes and rewards.
  • The Winter Wonderland Vaults are here! Pull to your heart's content while you can.
  • The New Year is right around the corner, be sure to login for an awesome reward!
  • The PVP Season of Reality is in full swing. Scramble to the top of the leaderboards to end the year with a bang!

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"These lines of lightning mean we're never alone" is a line from the Counting Crows song "Accidentally in Love" which was featured in the movie Shrek 2. But which one will we get? I am going for 4* Donkey what with 2023 being wacky days are here again.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Double-Header from Earth X? The Great Gambonno's? Aurora (with Jeanne-Marie)? Warstar? Another bloody symbiote? Fenris Twins?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BlixTheFrog said:
    Multiple Man is never alone.

He is until he's smacked, though, right?

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@BlixTheFrog said:
    Multiple Man is never alone.

He is until he's smacked, though, right?

He's had more than a few dupes stop showing up for roll-call though, you never really know.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

The mutant brother and sister twins Fenris, children of Baron Von Strucker, who need to be touching each other for their powers to work.

Ummmm….except they’re white suprrmacists and they did lots of grisly stuff to have constant access to each others’ skin.

And then there were the hints of “how close are they, really? (Wink wink, nudge nudge)”

Ok….probably not them.

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ProfShoehorn said:
    You know how to ensure you are never alone? Hand puppets! You know who would be best with hand puppets? A guy with four arms!

Forearm (Pummeling Puppeteer) coming soon to an MPQ near you!

Well done

• DAZ0273
    Options

Hmm...What if? Season 2 comes out Friday and across Christmas - I wonder if anybody from that might be applicable?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Here are the episode titles:

"What If... Nebula Joined the Nova Corps?" Stephan Franck Matthew Chauncey December 22, 2023
    11 2 "What If... Peter Quill Attacked Earth's Mightiest Heroes?" Bryan Andrews Matthew Chauncey December 23, 2023
    12 3 "What If... Happy Hogan Saved Christmas?" Bryan Andrews A. C. Bradley and Matthew Chauncey December 24, 2023
    13 4 "What If... Iron Man Crashed Into the Grandmaster?" Bryan Andrews A. C. Bradley December 25, 2023
    14 5 "What If... Captain Carter Fought the Hydra Stomper?" Bryan Andrews A. C. Bradley December 26, 2023
    15 6 "What If... Kahhori Reshaped the World?" Bryan Andrews Ryan Little December 27, 2023
    16 7 "What If... Hela Found the Ten Rings?" Bryan Andrews Matthew Chauncey December 28, 2023
    17 8 "What If... the Avengers Assembled in 1602?" Bryan Andrews A. C. Bradley and Ryan Little December 29, 2023
    18 9 "What If... Strange Supreme Intervened?" Bryan Andrews Matthew Chauncey December 30, 2023

Nova Nebula? 1602 Avengers?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I wanted to make ever guess about Night Thrasher...

But...

... Typhoid Mary.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Typhoid Mary is a great guess.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

There was a famous ad back in the fifties, I think, for Strand cigarettes. It backfired so spectacularly that it put them out of business. The tagline was “you’re never alone with a Strand”. Could the new character be Carlton Strand, aka Wolf Spider?

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 The “What If…” series is definitely a high point amongst the sea of meh from Disney/Marvel in the past few years. Just my opinion, which I know is not important.

I miss the good stuff they used to put out.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Glockoma said:
    @DAZ0273 The “What If…” series is definitely a high point amongst the sea of meh from Disney/Marvel in the past few years. Just my opinion, which I know is not important.

I miss the good stuff they used to put out.

Your opinion is a fine one that I also share. I am looking forward to Season 2 lots.