Forum commenting is about 50% unusable on mobile

Options
bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,329 Chairperson of the Boards

Maybe there’s nothing that can be done. And maybe you say “stop accessing it on mobile, then, you dope”.

But once you start writing a comment that’s bigger than a certain size, you can’t see the whole thing as the display window stops expanding and you can’t see your whole comment anymore. So you have to trust what you wrote or just bag the whole thing in frustration.

Maybe this is one factor in the relative lack of engagement beyond the 20ish who frequently post.

Using Safari on an iPhone 15 in this case.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have seen this problem too and it should be fixed.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,150 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I access the forum exclusively on a phone. I agree that can be quite annoying, especially as predictive text does fun things some time. Sometimes I go back and reread and edit after I've posted as it's just easier that way. A larger box would certainly be helpful.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@bluewolf

Write shorter comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 716 Critical Contributor
    Options

The top of page arrow doesn't help either. Would be nice to see it disabled while writing a comment.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's terrible when you're replying to a quoted comment. Sometimes I have to abandon the quote and just hope the person I'm responding to knows that's who I'm talking to.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I guess I’m apart of the other 50% then cuz I only ever access the forum via my phone and haven’t ever had a problem commenting or anything.

• bluewolf
    Options

@Chrynos1989 said:
    @bluewolf

Write shorter comments

Touché @Chrynos1989

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options

@Chrynos1989 said:
    @bluewolf

Write shorter comments

Totally disagree, the purpose of the forums, is to express ourselves freely, and as long as we feel like .
    There should be more comm between MPQ players and the Dev team among others, the lack of comm has been quite dull as of late, even worse with the dismiss of some personnel (all over the gaming companies).

Also we need MORE ENHANCEMENTS to make the game more attractive,

• bluewolf
    Options

I was being somewhat (a lot?) glib with my reply…

There is a danger of being too verbose sometimes, however.

It seems like once your reply is about 5-8 sentences long, you are in the range of not being able to see it all at once any longer.

Sometimes shorter!

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2023
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    It seems like once your reply is about 5-8 sentences long, you are in the range of not being able to see it all at once any longer.

This is where I use holding the space bar on my phone keyboard down to turn the cursor in a mouse, which allows for easier scrolling down to the text I want to see and/or edit.

Sharing because I didn’t realize this space bar holding / mouse feature existed until many iOS updates after it was added.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I actually don't have this problem at all. Not sure why. I'm on Android, Chrome v119.

I'm not sure, but I don't think D3 made the forum software. I don't recognize it, but I bet it's a commercial application (or freeware maybe?)

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I actually don't have this problem at all. Not sure why. I'm on Android, Chrome v119.

I'm not sure, but I don't think D3 made the forum software. I don't recognize it, but I bet it's a commercial application (or freeware maybe?)

Sorta like Linux. Anyone can deploy it, but your gonna want a support contract to implement any kind of complicated work flow.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The forum also does an annoying total reload when you move back to the main general discussion page. I keep clicking the wrong link because of it.