PMA Rotation

Options
Techg
Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker

Can we return all the PMA packs in the vault vs this daily swap that is happening? I have attacked buying PMA in a certain order and I am now having to wait to purchase more.

Was there also communication on the PMA "change" with buying the packs? It seems that the higher cost just removes the non dedicated PMA cards from the pool I didn't notice any other difference in my quick review. Would be good to document and post changes so the community is informed.

Comments

• versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options

Tell me about it. I was just getting ready to buy another page towards getting my Mox Pearl, and lo and behold, Teferi is the only one in the vault. Not happy!

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Love that they added a pack that gives only pma cards. Don't love that they only have one color in the vault at a time

• Techg
    Options

Thank you for bringing all the PMA packs back into the vault vs rotation! This is appreciated!

• Metroplex78
    Metroplex78 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Techg said:
    Thank you for bringing all the PMA packs back into the vault vs rotation! This is appreciated!

They are gone again...

• Techg
    Options

Ugh, I saw. I wonder if there is a pack limit and why they disappeared. Maybe there should be a drop down to select any set outside the prompted packs.

• Xibvert
    Xibvert Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

I'm okay with the each PMA pack only being available one day per week. For people not collecting pma cards because they either have no plan to do so or because they already collected the PMA cards that they wanted they permanent take a up a lot of space in the vault without being useful. Even for players who are actively collecting PMA cards 95% of the time they're on that screen they're not there to buy PMA cards. Picking up new PMA cards is something you do maybe once or twice a week. Having the packs show up once per week matches up fairly well with the frequency that anyone actually wants to use them.

Though I wouldn't really mind if PMA packs were there all of the time either. If they really wanted to do something to reduce the time I spend scrolling that screen they could move the free pack to the top when it's available. That would save me way more time than having a few less PMA packs on the screen.

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Just roll the six available packs under one “PMA” set. Then you get the previous level of choice with a minimal impact to scrolling in the Vault.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2023
    Options

It seems that the PMA only pack is now available. What happened to the pack that also contained other cards? I had to have a lot of patience to collect those cards first and now that I've done that, each PMA card will cost me 300 gold instead of 250?? No way man... I want the old packs also available @Magic:PQ Support Team

• Techg
    Options

Old packs 100% agree. Either remove the non PMA cards from the packs or have the two options so we can collect for 250.

• Xibvert
    Xibvert Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

@Bubbles_CS said:
    Just roll the six available packs under one “PMA” set. Then you get the previous level of choice with a minimal impact to scrolling in the Vault.

Does that work? It wouldn't be bad if they can do it but I don't think I've ever seen them sell more than three different pack types under one header. It's probably not worth coding that just for this if they don't already have support for it. It's not that big of a deal to wait for the pack you want to come around since it's a weekly cycle.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2023
    Options

Well, all the packs are available again, but only the 300 gold ones. @Magic:PQ Support Team Can you please communicate about what the meaning is exactly of changing this week after week? Where are the 250 gold packs? I want to buy those.

• e3vil
    e3vil Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

I stopped buying them since they raised its price to 300 mana crystals. And I don't really care if there 2 kind of packs or just 1, since I have all the non PMA cards in those packs. I got the last colorless mythic by crafting it last week.

I hope that at least they make a promotion by December so we can return buying them.