Ascended character index?

Options
Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Has anyone started working on a new character ranking/index to indicate which characters do well with ascension (e.g., Karnak) and which ones are underwhelming for whatever reason (valkyrie)?

Maybe something like a D-->S tier list just to show which ones are worth priortizing/ignoring.

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,951 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:
    Has anyone started working on a new character ranking/index to indicate which characters do well with ascension (e.g., Karnak) and which ones are underwhelming for whatever reason (valkyrie)?

Maybe something like a D-->S tier list just to show which ones are worth priortizing/ignoring.

This sounds like a job for @Daredevil217 !

Just kidding. It's going to be an absolutely insane amount of work. It's worth doing but I have no idea who would have the time, roster, and inclination to do it.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

Are you asking solely in regards to performance / in-game utility?

Well, since we don't have an in-game tool for viewing characters in whatever build and at whatever level ... there's probably a really obvious Marvel lore name for such a thing but my brain refuses to recall anything right now ... just start digging through rosters for ascended chars as they go live.

I have my own ranking ... but it's based on my own approach, several subjective components, and a big assumption for almost all characters since they aren't ascendable so how they scale can't be confirmed in-game yet. :/

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@JoeHandle said:

Well, since we don't have an in-game tool for viewing characters in whatever build and at whatever level ... there's probably a really obvious Marvel lore name for such a thing but my brain refuses to recall anything right now ...

Pokédex?