How about an alliance chat that is actually compatible with humans?

Options
Heggal
Heggal Posts: 21 Just Dropped In

The current Quandry Event makes it clear to anyone who has noticed it yet, that the alliance chat is really bad. You cant edit your posts even while writing other than deleting until the point you want to correct. Weird Max Character Limitation, etc.

Chat Programs have existed for 40+ years by now. It is really not rocket science, but this thing called alliance chat is the worst chat application I have EVER seen.

A lot of hate for the current event could have been dampened if alliances could have discussed problems and solutions among themselves, I believe.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Use LINE, like the rest of us has for ten years.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Of course you shouldn't have to.
    But obviously they're incapable of getting alliance chat to work properly - they already tried, and told us it's better now, and it still sucks.
    So that's clearly not happening.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Use LINE, like the rest of us has for ten years.

You shouldn't have to use another APP. That's ridiculous.

Until the Devs make the Alliance improvements next year (probably around next anniversary), other apps are the only solution.

The alliance chat used to be OK and we had the Forum to chat, but now everything is LINE. The devs know this and that's likely why the alliance improvements became less of a priority, but since they're really trying to focus on maintaining new players, I'm curious how they gonna improve the chat.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

It's not a question of can or can't. Fixing chat costs dev time and makes no direct revenue even if done well. 3rd party apps like line or discord exist and provide all the functionality that the serious players want and let off any pressure for the playerbase that might otherwise build up drop.

I am sure they are aware of the problem, but am not at all surprised that this QOL fix has languished behind character reworks and roster search etc.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

This was one of my first questions for them in one of their first Q&A’s.

The entire Alliance tab needs an overhaul. They said that it something they are hoping to improve more in line with 2024-25.

It is THE most antiquated part of mpq. It is also the thing that could also carry a lot of favor with the community and abroad if you integrate the social/functionality aspect of it just right.