Gwenom is a broken, failed experiment.

Options
bentobox
bentobox Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

How can she not have been reworked yet? She is the most useless character I have, no lie. Sure she can hit like a TRUCK but she rarely get the chance to.
1. Web generation. She need webs to excel but her kit almost prevents her from creating webs.
Potential change: let her create webs when her team mates make matches. If a webtiles is destroyed, create a new one.

1. No match damage. BIG problem. Since she'll deal no match damage most of the time she hides in the back and won't tank damage. This means that she'll likely be your last character standing. This means your only standing character can't deal any match damage and you HAVE to rely on getting lots of red matches to even have a chance.
    Potential change: Just remove this awful passive. Or make her deal double match damage if she is the last one standing. Or make her deal match damage if a a webtile is involved in the match.

I won't use her more this PVE despite her being boosted. She's just so bad.

Comments

• Djbob101
    Djbob101 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

She is literally wasp but slightly better

• bentobox
    bentobox Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

I don't have Wasp but I guess Wasp has match damage?

• Djbob101
    Djbob101 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

@bentobox said:
    I don't have Wasp but I guess Wasp has match damage?

but wasp cant hit like a truck. Which even without match damage make gwen somehow better

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Have you tried Gwenom with Chasm and Miles Morales? You don't need her match damage when you have Chasm on your team and MM generates quick Red AP for Gwen's "hit like a truck" feature.

• Heggal
    Heggal Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

great, I wanted more Venomsaurus and Omega Red, now my first two cover 5* is Gwenom...

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bentobox said:
    How can she not have been reworked yet? She is the most useless character I have, no lie. Sure she can hit like a TRUCK but she rarely get the chance to.
    1. Web generation. She need webs to excel but her kit almost prevents her from creating webs.
    Potential change: let her create webs when her team mates make matches. If a webtiles is destroyed, create a new one.

1. No match damage. BIG problem. Since she'll deal no match damage most of the time she hides in the back and won't tank damage. This means that she'll likely be your last character standing. This means your only standing character can't deal any match damage and you HAVE to rely on getting lots of red matches to even have a chance.
      Potential change: Just remove this awful passive. Or make her deal double match damage if she is the last one standing. Or make her deal match damage if a a webtile is involved in the match.

I won't use her more this PVE despite her being boosted. She's just so bad.

It's been about 3 months for gwenom. Wasp and banner sucked for more than 5 years. The real surprise would be if she HAD been reworked so quickly.