Questions About Quest Journal

Options
Kahmon
Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
edited October 2023 in MtGPQ General Discussion

First a couple general questions, then a specific dilemma.

1) Is there any way to get more than 9 quests per week? We get 3 on Day 1 then 1 per day the next 6 days.

2) If a quest is not complete when the journal resets, will it remain and you only receive 2 new ones or would it vanish and you get 3 fresh tasks?

I ask because I have the task to Master 5 Rare cards which can take a while. I also have an unusual quest journal this week. Normally I start with 7 boxes to check in a format for prizes similar to 2-1-2-2 then the last box will repeat once all 7 are completed. This week they are arranged 2-1-2-1-2-2. With only the usual 9 I can not complete them all. That being the case, I can consider stopping at 8 and having the long task carry over. Assuming it works that way.

Any answers or even advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Kahmon said:
    First a couple general questions, then a specific dilemma.

1) Is there any way to get more than 9 quests per week? We get 3 on Day 1 then 1 per day the next 6 days.

2) If a quest is not complete when the journal resets, will it remain and you only receive 2 new ones or would it vanish and you get 3 fresh tasks?

I ask because I have the task to Master 5 Rare cards which can take a while. I also have an unusual quest journal this week. Normally I start with 7 boxes to check in a format for prizes similar to 2-1-2-2 then the last box will repeat once all 7 are completed. This week they are arranged 2-1-2-1-2-2. With only the usual 9 I can not complete them all. That being the case, I can consider stopping at 8 and having the long task carry over. Assuming it works that way.

Any answers or even advice is appreciated. Thanks.

If you have unplayed quest they all reset. if you have one you cant complete your can do a free role. now what I do me personally is I level my rares all the way up so when that pops up i just have to play 5 once and they are mastered.

• Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options

Just use your free refresh on the Rares quest.

• Metroplex78
    Metroplex78 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

@Firstofhisname419 said:

That's what I do since the mastering line does not tell you the % of how far along you have come.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Metroplex78 said:

@Firstofhisname419 said:

That's what I do since the mastering line does not tell you the % of how far along you have come.

there is an old sheet its still accurate but old. it will tell you how many games it takes to master a card just use the (event) ,

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thank you all for the replies. If this quest had come up on day 6 or 7 or was only worth 200 points I certainly would have rerolled, but a with a week to complete a 600 point quest I chose to get it done. I will also try to have some rares close to mastering saved for the future.

My first question was never answered though; Is there any way to get more than 9 tasks in a week?

and a couple new ones:

Is the point range always 200-600 points? that's the range I've observed.

For the Purchase a Planeswalker task, does the Fiblefrap (whatever his name is) bundle count or only ones from the PWs tab?

Hope my newb questions aren't too lame. I'm a long time Marvel PQer (my avatar and high post count), but still learning my way around Magic PQ.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What I do is keep a bunch of rares I don't ever play with just about mastered, so when that quest rolls around, I just stick them into my deck when I fight Fblthp, and get the quest finished by winning that battle.

• Metroplex78
    Metroplex78 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

Today I have a half done quest, the other half will never be done as the quest board refreshes to new ones tomorrow, maybe make all quests doable so none are wasted.