Losing connection

Options
MWRuger
MWRuger Posts: 7 Just Dropped In

Because of the way your timed rounds are structured, we are forced to play at very specific times and that means that connectivity is key. In fact, you MUST stay connected since the app phones home after every play.

Except your servers are the freaking worst I have seen since the horrible Simcity launch that killed that franchise.

I am sitting two feet from the router. I have full connectivity. Yet after every single play tonight your servers are disconnecting and ruining my placement. I have played for 7+ years but I am at my limit with the constant game of "will they stay up in the last crucial 15 minutes of the round?' Apparently not tonight.

But thanks for returning the hour I waste every day playing your game and money I spend on hero points.

Comments

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 262 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You posted the same thing in January, with a similar tone. The mods suggested then that you contact CS to see if they can help you. Did you do that? Did they give you any tips? I truly hope it hasn’t been this same bad experience for you for the last 8 months.

• MWRuger
    MWRuger Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

So, the game disconnects regularly, about 4-5 times an hour in the last hour of an event round. I assume that's normal since I certainly don't see anyone else complaining. I can budget extra time to finish to offest this. Yes, it does mean I finish lower but not too much lower.

Last January and last night, it was after every match. There is no way to offset that much time. In January, the mod said that he moved the comment to this section, so this is where I came this time.

Last time you noted that I don't post much and just came here to complain. I suppose that's true. The bulk of forumites and posts seem to skew heavily to PvP and complaining about the meta. I don't play PvP so I don't have an opinion.

What you are really seeing is my frustration that this disconnection problem has been going on for a long time. My previous efforts with CS were fruitless and expect that to be the same this time.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 262 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thanks for the follow up. I’m sorry this is happening, it’s certainly not normal. People aren’t posting about it because it doesn’t happen to them, I am fairly sure. It certainly doesn’t happen to me.

I can’t imagine how frustrating this must be, and am honestly impressed you’re still playing. I also think this seems like an individual case that CS still is the best resource for, not necessarily the forum. But maybe you’ll find some other with the same issue that can help.