Mana Runes

Options

I now have nearly 6million of these. Others j know have more. I have all the plains walkers available and all are maxed. Surely there should be a way of spending these on something. Anything. Developers please give us a reason to want these. Maybe an exchange to buy booster packs or for booster crafting?

This isn’t a discussion i appreciate. More a cry for someone to see that this could do with a tweak

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Metroplex78
    Metroplex78 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

I'd like the ability to exchange for yellows, maybe 10 mana runes for 1 yellow crystal kind of thing.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

10 runes per crystal?? Sure I'll take 1.7 million crystals :D

• Raistlin0309
    Raistlin0309 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options

More like 100,000 to 1

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

A ratio of 500-1000 runes to 10 crafting orbs would be fair, I think.

• versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2023
    Options

Given what I've learned about the company since day one (so both companies, actually), I'd say 1000 mana runes to 1 crafting orb is about as generous as we can expect. Of course, given the amount of runes the majority of us probably have, that would work for me.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I've got 20 million of the things. I don't think it's a good idea to like long term players like me craft with them... if you make it expensive enough to be non-trivial for me, then it's be far too expensive for newbies, wouldn't it?

I think the best thing to do with excess runes is cosmetic: People LOVE shiny foil cards in paper MTG, don't they? Let's have those in MTGPQ!

Of course, it's not really in Oktagon's interest to add a new feature like foils to the game which we all pay for with the largely worthless currency they've been giving away for years. So why not let players pay cash money to convert their favourite cards into shiny foils as well? New players might like that option because it actually takes a hell of a lot of runes to level up your planeswalkers early on in your career.

Mind you, thinking back to how they implemented the deckslot system we were asking for, they'll probably end up charging BOTH runes AND cash for foils. Probably something even more expensive than that, in fact, like you have to pull out a tooth as well...

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,619 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Janosik - but will foils “work” on a screen?

Personally, I wouldn’t give a tinykitty when it comes to foils.

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Perhaps runes to orbs conversion could be made available only after a high level milestone-that way newer players could still only use them to level up PW's.

Finding a good balance would be a bit tough- I'd gladly trade runes for the deck slot that usually costs crystals- maybe for 750k-1M runes each? While we high levels do accumulate them quickly, even those of us with hoards of 7-20M+ runes would deplete them pretty quickly at that exchange rate.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Tremayne said:
    @Janosik - but will foils “work” on a screen?

Personally, I wouldn’t give a tinykitty when it comes to foils.

I've seen foil cards work in other games, like Slay the Spire (Adventurer mod) for example. I think MTGO has foils, doesn't it?

Me either, but I don't think we can seriously expect Oktagon to spend time coding any new system which gives us dedicated players lots of free stuff which we'd otherwise have to pay for... especially this soon after The Ultimate Planeswalk when they very generously gave us all dozens of Masterpieces over the course of a single weekend ^_^