Boss Fight Vault: a permanent, unified replacement for all alliance boss event vaults?

Options
Bullroarer
Bullroarer Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

The last few alliance boss events have given tokens to the Boss Fight Vault, regardless of which alliance boss event was running.

Previously each alliance boss event had its own unique vault.

For example, the Battle at the Basilica event that recently finished gave Boss Fight Vault tokens (as did the previous two or three alliance boss events) rather than Battle at the Basilica Vault* tokens.

Is this unification/streamlining of alliance boss event tokens permanent?

Will all future alliance boss events give the same tokens?

If so, could some mechanism for exchanging tokens to now permanently retired vaults for Boss Fight Vault tokens be considered?

(*Other examples of such Vaults include Avengers Vs. Ultron, Come and Get Me, Galactus Hungers, The Sinister Six.)

Tagged:

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think that would be a lot of work, for them, and it would benefit relatively few players, so it's probably unlikely.

What they should do is just open all tokens when a vault or token pool expires. That way nobody loses out on covers, but they don't have to maintain and update 3000 different token pools across several years.

It would make a few players mad, but the number of people hoarding these types of tokens is so low that it's almost definitely not worth keeping them around.

• Bullroarer
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I think that would be a lot of work, for them, and it would benefit relatively few players, so it's probably unlikely.

What they should do is just open all tokens when a vault or token pool expires. That way nobody loses out on covers, but they don't have to maintain and update 3000 different token pools across several years.

It would make a few players mad, but the number of people hoarding these types of tokens is so low that it's almost definitely not worth keeping them around.

The only work involved is creating vaults that use the old tokens and give the new tokens.

We know that this can be done because it's been done in the past. For example, it was done when the Savory Taco tokens were first removed.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

The problem with this is what happens to newer players who are in a roster space crunch and wind up with a few covers of characters they don't have rostered. Then those covers expire and you have angry players. The whole idea of allowing players to save tokens is to guard against getting covers you can't roster.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Those players can still hoard every other type of token though -- heroics, standard, legendary, all the other stuff. Will opening 2 or 3 event tokens per event really mess things up for them that badly? Are there really significant numbers of folks hoarding those?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,132 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think the change is permanent.

As for previous tokens - why not just leave them as they are? People can open them whenever they want and get a random reward at their own pace. Rewards don't need to be updated and nobody loses out, and there's no need to code the change.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

Leaving them as-is at the player's discretion to open or not is a much better idea than the game deciding to forcibly open your tokens for people who might not have roster space.

I like the change. I have some of the previous ones hoarded, which I will just open at some point. Keeping the vault consistent for alliance events means that hoarding it in the future will be easier, which is nice.
    I don't really think there needs to be compensation. It's not like the old boss vaults really gave you anything actually good you needed to hoard for (and you generally got too few tokens for that anyway) and the standard pulls you can still get if you just open the tokens as normal. And imo the change benefits us.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I always forget to open event tokens so I have a bunch of post events. It isn't really that big of a deal. I might even remember to open them some day, it will be a surprise!

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

I have old event tokens, I wish there was a way to know which vaults are permanently retired rather than just closed until the event happens again.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bullroarer said:

@entrailbucket said:

The only work involved is creating vaults that use the old tokens and give the new tokens.

We know that this can be done because it's been done in the past. For example, it was done when the Savory Taco tokens were first removed.

Hmm. I still have a large cache of Savory tokens...

• Bullroarer
    Options

@Yepyep said:

Hmm. I still have a large cache of Savory tokens...

There was a method to exchange them for a while. It was removed after a few days but it did exist for a few days or so.