Year-old bug: Crash when starting a match just before X o'clock [Investigating]

Comments

• Volk13
    Volk13 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

It shut down on me as well. No warning, the game just closed near the end of my first match on the top node.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

@Oktagon_Support this happened today to multiple people. the time was 11:33

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker

Super annoyed at the forced app restart on a new phone with 8gb memory on Saturday at 11:33am Eastern. I was in my coalition match competing in Top 10 team. These bugs are unacceptable.

• DREAMER
    DREAMER Posts: 15 Just Dropped In

I can confirm that the game crashed for me several times even within 10 min schedule, like 11:09. IPhone 7, Europe.

Hello everyone, thanks for the information provided, our team is still trying to figure out what could be causing this issue. Unfortunately, this problem proved to be more difficult to identify than we thought, but we are working on it!
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your report and your patience.
    Rebeca.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker

Just had an iphone user mention that it's never happened to them, and I've not heard anyone yet talk about whether this bug is platform dependent, so can we try and get some confirmation of this bug happening on both Android and iPhone, please?

I've definitely had it happen on Android, more than once. During last week's event, for example.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/1009229/#Comment_1009229

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Janosik - well it happens quite frequently on iPad, so I guess the player you are referring to is either very lucky or did said player start playing last week?

This is a veerrrryyyyy long running problem and the devs seemingly have no idea what is causing the issue to happen, so great that you are trying to narrow it down for the devs, but it is most likely platform independent.

• Janosik

@Tremayne said:
    @Janosik - well it happens quite frequently on iPad, so I guess the player you are referring to is either very lucky or did said player start playing last week?

Probably very lucky. He's one of my team-mates who's been playing for years.

• Cimarronboy
    Cimarronboy Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

Juat had it happen yesterday during the current coalition event and story mode. 1 reload I was able to make it to the results screen before it struck. It struck around 9:30 CST and was in effect (continued to occur) until 11pm CST as I stopped playing at that time.

Was suggested possible data push bug in action but nothing occurred at the described time when testing that theory today (2:30-3:30 pm, the push was said to strike 10 to the hour until 10 after the hour).

Tried swapping decks in case cards or the planeswalker were the issue but that seemed to have no effect on the freeze.

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker

You can screenshot the app at the moment of its hardcrash using the switch apps button on Android. You are able to see the state of the app at the moment of the crash.

• naabaldan
    edited August 2023

This issue was reported earlier and still exists making this game very risky to play. I faced an instant app termination while editing a deck two times and in the mid of a match for the awr event second node when the loop timer popped up. I can provide a screenshot of the moment the app died due to the fact, that the last screen of the dying app is visible by switching apps in Android.
    A coalition member also lost a match because of this issue.
    I saved several screenshots as a result of this issue occurring in the vault, the main Menue, training grounds and elsewhere.
    As far as this happens app wide this issue may be related to unity?

• Titan
    Titan Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Happened to me too. Nothing to do.
    It was in 1.2, no loop timer involved for me

• naabaldan

Other Player indicate that this issue is time related and so I checked my screenshots taken. There is a high chance that this issue appears at 6pm cest as it does while playing the awr event on 15th, 16th and 17th of June. But it is not limited to that time. 5:30pm, 3pm and 11:30pm are variations when the app terminates.

Hello guys,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.

• naabaldan

In the last two events (OMaF and BTP) the app terminates at 17:03/17:04 cest.

• naabaldan

This weekend app terminates at 18:06 cest. Lucky right after finishing a match, event Harvesttide

• Janosik

Crash to OS while leaving the game over/objective screen.
    — 09/12/2023 5:31 PM, UK local time

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

@Magic:PQ Support Team I condensed a lot of threads hope this helps and if we can get it on video I will pass that along.