Kaya, Intangible Slayer - 3rd ability is not granting evergreens consistently [Investigating]

Epitymbidia
Epitymbidia Posts: 21 Just Dropped In

The PW Kaya, Intangible Slayer has the 3rd ability "Soul Draining" that reads:

"Exile target opposing creature. If that creature has one or more evergreens between Berserker, Lifelink, Deathtouch, Double Strike, First Strike, Flying, Menace, Trample, Unblockable, Vigilance or Prevent Damage - The first Spirit card you control gains each of these evergreens that card has. Otherwise: Create 6 White Spirit tokens."

However, this doesn't seem to work with ACQUIRED evergreens.

I used that ability to exile an opposing Olivia, Mobilized for War, with Flying, Haste and Lifelink. My first spirit already had Flying, but not Lifelink, and it did not gain Lifelink after Olivia got exiled.

The PW's ability description does not state that it only applies the listed evergreens when the exiled creature had them originally, as a card feature.

As such I consider that ability to be bugged.
If, however, it is working as designed, I consider the release notes for that PW to be false advertising, and the in-game ability description faulty.

Either way, this issue demands a "fix", and I hope the ability gets adjusted, not just its description.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023

Hello @Epitymbidia,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.

• Trippet
    Trippet Posts: 52 Match Maker
    edited September 2023

@Magic:PQ Support Team said:
    Hello @Epitymbidia,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.

The issue persists as of 20230915. I have yet to successfully fire off her ability as intended. It doesn't matter if I have a spirit creature or not, the ability doesn't act as described.

With a spirit creature in first position on the battlefield, I exiled an opposing creature with double strike and vigilance. My spirit creature gained no evergreens. With no spirit creatures on the battlefield, I exiled an opposing creature, but no white spirits were summoned.

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

I've been having a problem where the -3 ability won't exile token stacks, just removes a single reinforcement. Very annoying, and is making the card too unplayable for me.