Walking through the planes

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Able to travel between planes, they are among the most powerful beings in the multiverse.
They can be as varied as possible. Their plans of origin, their life missions, and their motivations can be totally different from each other.
But one thing they have in common...
When their spark ignites, they all become able to travel around exploring the multiverse, having new experiences, challenging boundaries, and changing history.
I guess you already know what I'm talking about...
So, I would like you to tell me which Planeswalker is your favorite? The one that when you go to play you are sure it's the best choice?
I am excited to hear from you.
Rebeca.

Comments

• ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker

Sarkhan Unbroken is by far my favorite. I just love playing with big creatures, and he excels at that.

• spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker

Story wise : I like Chandra. Her backstory is kind of interesting and as things go forward she had gotten more interesting.

Play wise: Dakkon, right now blue/white is like top of the META and his powers are just off the chart good. I have gotten to the point where I am almost activly not playing him because he can be a bit easy mode.

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker

My favourite is Garruk Cursed Huntsman. Especially his 2nd ability does so many good things, his 3rd is a serious clock for the opponent. And when I started with paper Magic in 1995, black green was my favourite combination, even if there weren't a lot of cards supporting that at the time.

• greenmeanie1
    greenmeanie1 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

My favorite planeswalker is Nissa World Wake.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards

Kasmina is my favorite to play

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor

Hey Rebeca!
    Since we're talking about PQ planewalkers, and which I prefer to use in game, I'll have to deny my namesake.
    Garruk Cursed Huntsman and Dark Nissa have been my planewalkers of choice lately. I use them both almost equally. Garruk has abilities that are strong and useful at all times and Dark Nissa graveyard decks are fun to play. Despite the mana ramp being focused more on blue lately I think black/green is the most fun to play.

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker

Kasmina all the way for fun, Dakkon for serious play.

• Xuriel
    Xuriel Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

I have two planeswalkers that I have been using on a regular basis, Professor Onyx and Nissa Worldwaker. They might not be the most powerful, but I find them more fun to play.

• wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2023

Definitely one for Kasmina, but still really loving the abilities of Daxos and Kalemne as well. And now with the Tyvar vanguard, Daxos's stuff even has more reliable haste in Standard!

Thinking on this again, it is kinda funny that two of the three so far aren't actual planeswalkers in the paper MTG story, as far as I remember, but were from legendary creatures in a Commander set. I was tickled by experience points then too, and tried making a deck using two of the others, if I recall correct, helmed by Sidisi, Brood Tyrant.

• JTK421
    JTK421 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2023

Story wise, I’m a fan of Sorin as the troubled hero. Gameplay wise, Sarkhan Unbroken is broken

• Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler

Ashiok for control. Been having a lot of Garruk related fun lately though.

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 78 Match Maker

Storywise: Teferi
    In game play, legacy: any multicolor with blue and 8+ spell slots. Often Tamiyo
    In game, standard: Dakkon