In game alliance chat not updating

Options
turbomoose
turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor

Several times in the last month I’ve logged back into the game only to see I’ve missed an entire conversation between some of my alliance.

Just today I’ve logged in after a few hours away and a block of about 20 messages have appeared from 17 hours ago.

I know there used to be an issue with this but I thought it was fixed

Can be very frustrating when you are being asked questions about the game and you are unable to assist because you missed the chat

Comments

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

Not sure if this is related, but I do know that for a while now, when I see an alliance member request Team Ups there is not any accompanying message. Then when I reload the game, I can see their chat message saying which TUs they prefer. So, similarly as above, chats are not displayed until I reload the game.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

Alliance chat has been buggy ever since launch. It often requires a hard restart of the app in order to refresh. I don't know what **** technology it attempts to use, but it has never been addressed by the old devs. Here's to hoping the new devs will finally improve it (but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you). [edit: cr to the appy is filtered out? really now?]