Gg3 tier 3 event quest to destroy enemy tiles

karger
karger Posts: 33 Just Dropped In

I've been trying to play this quest. It's not clear to me exactly what destroy means, but I have been using matches to eliminate enemy attack/strike/protect tiles and have also been using five star kitty to eliminate them, and neither of them seems to count towards increasing my total in the quest

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards

"Destroying" tiles means you need to get rid of them other than matching away. You can use match-4s and match-5s but the tiles don't count if they are in the "original" swap, they must be destroyed by the resulting line clear instead.

Other than that, it's better to rely on powers that destroy tiles. Easiest is something that destroys special tiles directly, but those are not very common (the only one that comes to mind right now is Drax's black power). But any tile destroying power works, those are very common, for example 3* Black Widow's sniper rifle or XFW's Surgical Strike.

• karger
    karger Posts: 33 Just Dropped In

Doesn't Kitty's passive that I mentioned count as destroying tiles then? Because it doesn't seem to count in the quest.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023

@karger said:
    Doesn't Kitty's passive that I mentioned count as destroying tiles then? Because it doesn't seem to count in the quest.

She over writes(removes), not destroys because otherwise BrB/Polaris would get out of control.

Easiest way is 5* MThor since she targets enemy special tiles with her passive destruction. Just bring her to the PvE nodes against Daken, match Green so he make strikes and let her destroy them.

KGB