Kang friendly fire?

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

I just played the 5e node on Deep End using Doc Ock and Dethlok. I few matches in I had a large cascade on my move that killed Dethlok. How is that possible? I can't find any power description that would caused that.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

You matched Kangs black CD tile with that Cascade, and Dethlok was in front.
    Although I'm not sure how you got your Dethlok to tank anything over your (assuming) champed Kang.

• qandols

Yes, he's champed. The black passive reads 'Whenever one of Kang's created countdown are destroyed, he moves a random ally to the front.' Maybe I'm dense but how can that kill that ally? It was quite a cascade so it was difficult to see what really happened.

• qandols

Also I think I've seen this with Crystal who was nearly killed.

• Belphegor666
    Belphegor666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

Strange, for me, when I match it, it doesn't do damage and Kang stays in front, when it counts down, it deals damage.

• qandols

Maybe it can be explained as something unexpected happening in a great cascade. Eg. some matches with Kitty does not end when all enemies are downed, you have to make another match to end.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

Well mine does 14k damage per turn it was on the board.
    My 334 Deathlok has 27k health.
    So I'm guessing the Cascade destroyed the black CD tile, moving Deathlok in front - then it triggered the damage from that same CD tile, killing the one in front - Deathlok.

• qandols

Ahhh, now I get it. The frontmost ally takes the damage. I did not read it that way at first. I thought the frontmost enemy would take it. Explains it neatly, thanks!

• Belphegor666
    Belphegor666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

Apparently, Thanos' infinite pursuit doesn't stop Kang's away.