Max champ query

Options
Domsouth04
Domsouth04 Posts: 54 Match Maker

I’ve recently resold my 2s and 3s for iso I’ve since champed all my 2*s but they are starting to max out. Should I leave them or not?

Comments

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options

By the time you're max-champing characters at one tier, you're almost certainly never using them (except when required.) I see no reason not to sell them as soon as they hit max and you acquire one more cover. Even in the required fights, your stronger characters will be doing all the work and they'll just be sitting in the background.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I sell my 2 stars as soon as a I have another cover to re-roster them. The same with 3 stars with the exception of a few (the ones I use in ddq and the ones that come in useful for the puzzle gauntlet). 4 stars I don't sell as sometimes a maxed boosted 4 star has a use with my 5 stars, plus I've gotten a ton of 5 star covers from a maxed out 4 star being changed to a feeder and giving out retro rewards.

I've finished a whole bunch or older 5 stars thanks to the devs updating feeders. So many in fact that I've finished all but 1 of the 11 old 5 stars I had left to champ.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Domsouth04 said:
    I’ve recently resold my 2s and 3s for iso I’ve since champed all my 2*s but they are starting to max out. Should I leave them or not?

I used to keep dupes of all 2s but stopped when I started needing roster slots for dupe 3s. I got rid of them all once I had covers about to die on the vine, apart from Storm/Mags/Bullseye as my DDQ team. I've currently got all 3s duped but never use them, so may sell them all when I need to except my 3 DDQ team. A full 3* farm costs a lot of Iso and HP to set up (more now with regular new releases and I'm not keeping up max champing before a new release) so I'd suggest it's not worth it, but it depends where you are in the game.

• Domsouth04
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Domsouth04 said:

I used to keep dupes of all 2s but stopped when I started needing roster slots for dupe 3s. I got rid of them all once I had covers about to die on the vine, apart from Storm/Mags/Bullseye as my DDQ team. I've currently got all 3s duped but never use them, so may sell them all when I need to except my 3 DDQ team. A full 3* farm costs a lot of Iso and HP to set up (more now with regular new releases and I'm not keeping up max champing before a new release) so I'd suggest it's not worth it, but it depends where you are in the game.

I’ve recently champed my first 5* but struggle with having enough iso

• Scofie
    Options

@Domsouth04 said:

@Scofie said:

@Domsouth04 said:

What's your 4* tier like? Have the other 5*s got a reasonable number of covers?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I keep a max champ dupe of everything (2s, 3s and recently just got my 1st max champed 4). As BriMan mentioned, it can really help when they have retro feeders.

Of course I am very HP positive (80+K) so roster slot cost not an issue.

KGB

• Domsouth04
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Domsouth04 said:

@Scofie said:

@Domsouth04 said:

What's your 4* tier like? Have the other 5*s got a reasonable number of covers?

Majority are champed and got a few 5*s close. Most are under isoed

• primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

I constantly farm 2*; as soon as it's maxed, I sell it and start over. For 3*; I've been keeping dupes until I get my 2nd one champed, then I sell the first one. I'm debating doing the same thing for 3s as I do for 2s though, except for some like Deadpool who I need for the Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. event

• Scofie
    Options

Majority are champed and got a few 5*s close. Most are under isoed

I'd suggest not investing the Iso in the dupes then. 130kish to champ a 3* is an average of three 5* levels. If you multiply that by 53, it's almost 150 levels or 10 Champs assuming you get the covers for them and that will make more of an impact on the strength and diversity of your roster.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don’t keep duplicates of anything below 4*. Just flip when you have a replacement. I don’t champ more than 3x 2s at a time either.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I keep a 266 of every 3*, because I bought all those slots a very long time ago. If I had it to do over I might not. The new 3* are definitely worth keeping though.

I immediately sell maxed out 2*.

I keep duplicate 370s that aren't yet feeders, on the off chance they'll become retro feeders.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah I sold off a bunch of 370s that feed their 5* version recently, so my roster looks weird right now.
    Still keeping dupes for Cage, Blade, etc.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I keep a set of max champs and then a set of dupes. For my 2s and 3s when one of my dupes maxes out I'll sell it and then use that iso to champ a dupe character in that same tier that is ready to be champed so all of that iso is staying in that tier and I really only lose a little extra iso to champ them. I want all of those champ rewards to constantly be flowing. Like @KGB I also have roughly 80k hp so I'm not exactly hurting for hp, although I did spend around 20k hp on that 5* shard vault a while back which hurt a little but it was totally worth it.

• Domsouth04
    Options

Thanks guys